Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1891 Discussions

Performance on New and Old Games

DAHGames
Beginner

Dear Intel and Community,

I have recently bought an A770 16GB;

Noting that it would be a considerable upgrade compared to the RTX 3060 6 GB [mobile].

I would like to state that intel's first-generation cards are fantastic with what they are,

but I was disappointed by the performance on the video games;

simply considering it just needed to beat a mobile chip.

What I would like to know is:

What is the current timeline for intel to catch up to Nvidia's features-set and drivers? To catch up with compatibility, it is my belief that a retroactive solution needs to be applied, so that new and old games can have all the Features, Performance, Stability, and Efficiency. [?]

DLSS3.5+? Hairworks? Interactive Debree? Volumetric Fog? Are the features that need to have Intel equivalent, retroactive solutions to all games. So the developers and publishers don't have to apply work on their end.

The games that I currently noted are:

Palworld, performance issues

Sunset Overdrive, stutters randomly

Arkham Knight, doesn't boot by default

Forza 4, doesn't boot

Intel needs to retroactively add support for games;

that would just usually just take Nvidia as reference.

Engineering responses are appreciated,

DAHGames

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RamyerM_Intel

Hello DAHGames,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the performance of the A770. I recognize the perfect product doesn't exist but we are working hard to improve our Intel Arc Graphics.

Regarding your question about our timeline to catch up with the features offered by the competition, as per company policy Intel Customer Support does not comment on any internal product timeline or unreleased/unannounced product or features. For the latest news, you can follow our social media presence and Intel's newsroom at this link: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/newsroom/home.html#gs.5c3lkw

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos