Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1833 Discussions

Performance problems Counter-Strike 2

jxn
Novice

(This was copied from a recent thread I opened, but could not post to because of a conflicting title error)

Hello,

I have been encountering oddly poor performance lately in CS2 with my Arc A750 GPU.

Before the update on 5/23/2024, I was generally getting around +250 fps, and rarely going below 240 fps in all game modes, casual or gun games being the most difficult to render game modes as the concurrent players on the server is highest on those.

Now after the update I am getting anywhere from 150 to 230 fps with frame times being all over the place, and this being especially noticeable on a 240hz esports monitor hooked up via Display Port to the GPU.

I have asked around from friends on both AMD and NVIDIA GPUS, and have confirmed that this doesn't seem to be an issue on those cards (RTX 2060&3050 and 3060, and RX6600XT most notably). This is somewhat of a let down, since the A750 was touted as being comparable to those cards, which get +300fps with consistent frame times without breaking a sweat.

I am aware that you are working on optimizing DX11 and DXVK at the moment, but seeing as this being the most played title on steam, when comparing concurrent player at any given moment, it does leave me wondering where your focus in optimizing games lies. This being a highly competitive title, it really leaves no option for customers than to choose another manufacturers card, with such a specific problem hindering a truly competitive experience.

To be totally transparent, I am running the card with Re Bar enabled, 32gb ddr4 ram and an i5-12400f (which was capable of reaching this +300fps threshold on the above named cards).

SSU and Cap frame results are now attached, according to instructions that were given on .5762 driver.
Cheers!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JSCrank7
Beginner

hi @jxn 

According to your logs, it seems that your Arc graphics driver is currently running on an older version 31.0.101.5592. Intel has released a new update for the generic Arc graphics driver Intel(R) Arc(TM) A750 Graphics 32.0.101.5762

Here are some useful tips: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-ARC-Graphics/Need-help-Reporting-a-bug-or-issue-with-Arc-GPU-PLEASE-READ-THIS/td-p/1494429

JkeSmn

[Not an Intel Employee]

0 Kudos
jxn
Novice

Hello @JSCrank7 ,

I gather you are referring to my previously attached ssu logs having the outdated graphics drivers, but I assure you I have updated my system to the latest driver version ending with .5762, and the performance is still lacking.

I ran the cap frame x diagnostics with the latest drivers, and have attached updated ssu logs along with this reply.

Hoping this message finds you well,

Jxn.

0 Kudos
JSCrank7
Beginner

I believe the graphics driver is up to date, so there shouldn't be any issues there. Please try running Disk Cleanup and ensure DirectX cache is deleted. After that, try to reshader cs2.

Alternatively, you could fix your paging files, update your motherboard BIOS, install the latest vcredist redistributables, and update to the latest .NET version. Check if Windows windowed optimization is enabled and whether gaming mode is on or off... consider turning off any overlays you have, such as those from Steam, Nvidia, or Windows Xbox.

regards

JkeSmn

[Not an Intel Employee]

0 Kudos
jxn
Novice

I tried all of the above to no avail, thank you for the troubleshooting tips though.

0 Kudos
ShunMnzed
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
jxn
Novice

This also sadly wasn't of any use to me, thank you for taking your time though.

0 Kudos
jxn
Novice

I run the game with these startup commands: "-high -allow_third_party_software -threads 7", and posted a screenshot of my current graphics settings to make the game as stable and competitive as possible on my end.

0 Kudos
T0rnado
Beginner

Hello, I can confirm this issue, performance has been severely reduced since the CS2 patch on 5/23/2024, and driver updates don't seem to have fixed it yet (I'm on a fresh install of Windows 11 with the 101.5768 driver installed, but downgrading drivers didn't really help).

DX11 mode (default of CS2) has seen a noticeable performance decrease, but Vulkan has suffered especially hard.
In Vulkan I went from around 1200 fps on an empty map of Mirage at 640x480 (for overhead testing - not actually playing at that resolution of course) with the lowest settings, to barely holding around 700-800 fps.
In actual 5v5 gameplay on Faceit (3rd party MM) and with DX11 I see drops below 180fps at 1440p when a lot is happening on the screen, which is unacceptable for a competitive shooter with a card that is supposed to compete with the RTX 4060.

My hardware includes an i5-12600KF, Sparkle Arc A770 Titan OC, 16GB RAM and an Asus Prime Z690M-PLUS D4. Overclocking the A770 using third-party tools improves the performance somewhat, but it is still very far from what it used to be on my MSI MPG 271QRX 1440p monitor, and lowering the resolution to 720p doesn't bring huge gains like it used to.

I'd appreciate if this got fixed as a priority, since CS2 is a very popular game, and I'm sure the hardware is capable of more, if not for this regression.

0 Kudos