Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1684 Discussions

Pls help: A750 got blackscreen after updating the latest driver

strin
Beginner

Hi,

I have been using A750 for about 2 months and everything gose well until I updated the latest driver today. After reboot, the monitor got blackscreen showing nothing except 'no signal ', I guess it halt on BIOS because the POST screen (even the motherboad logo) is not showing and other hardwares like fans and harddrive are quiet. 

I remember that during the drivers update ,  the 3rd party firewall Huorong popped up and said some system level movements was going to be block by user's choice. 

Is there any way to get into some 'safemode ' with shortcut keys or something else because now I cant do anything - the screen is black and system is quiet. 

Many thanks!

My build:

Gunnir Photon A750 8g graphic

AMD Ryzen 5700x cpu

ASUS B350M TUF Gaming Plus motherboard

Gloway Type Alpha memory 16g x2 

Kioxia Exceria G2 1tb ssd

Coolermaster G550 500w power supply

Firewall: Huorong

All hardwares are in their default settings with no OC

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello strin

Thank you for posting on the  Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communites. I know not getting any signal output from your system can be the cause of concern, I will be glad to help you with this issue.

As a first recommendation, I would advise taking a look at the physical causes of the issue, test different cables and different ports on your GPU, if you are using DP connections test with HDMI, or vice-versa. Also, is important to make sure the input source is well configured to DP or HDMI depending on your connection.

On the software side taking into consideration that you cannot access the system, let's you try to reset your BIOS to default settings, but make sure that AMD SVM is still disabled since it can cause black screen issues with Arc GPUs.

In addition, in order to make sure the GPU is not damaged, and if possible for you, I would recommend testing the GPU on another system and check if it works.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello strin

We wanted to know if you were able to check ur previous post and follow our recommended troubleshooting steps. As advised we recommend trying different cables and connections as well as resetting your BIOS to default settings. Also, if possible test the GPU on another system. Let us know if this problem is still happening.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello strin

We have not received any response from you so we will close this topic, we provided some troubleshooting steps in our previous posts to help you get this issue resolved, however, in case your system is still experiencing a black screen when trying to boot it, feel free to open a new thread.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos