Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1630 Discussions

Predator Bifrost A770 16 GB

ScottyE
Beginner

Hello,

I have various problems with my ACER Predator ARC A770 16 GB. Black screens, extreme frequency and voltage fluctuations in different Games. While troubleshooting I stumbled across the following in the IntelGFXFwUpdateToolLog file and I was wondering if this is normal or if there is a hardware problem. As I see it, the card is recognized as A380 during the driver/firmware installation.

An incorrect firmware would explain a lot.

8e34f38d-5b03-43d5-849f-e36c1281c5b1.png

I hope that someone can help me. Thanks and greetings

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayB_Intel

Hello ScottyE,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your Predator Intel Arc A770 16GB Graphic Card having performance issues. We apologize for any inconvenience that this might have caused you. Rest assured, we will assist you with your enquiry. Please let me gather the following details in order for us to further understand the situation. Also, feel free to include additional information you may find relevant that can help us diagnose and identify the issue.

• Did your Arc graphics use to work before? Or is this an out-of-box issue?
  • Can you recall any recent changes (hardware/software) made on the system?
  • What cable are you using when connecting the Arc GPU to your external display?
  • What steps were taken to troubleshoot this issue?

Best regards,

Jay B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ScottyE
Beginner

Hello, it seems like I have solved the problem. It was an out of the box problem. I tried something different again. I can't understand exactly what the problem was, but I started over again, swapped the power connections and reset the BIOS and only activated Resize BAR and connected the Monitor with Display Port connector. Since then the card has been running stable and there have been no more black screens.

Maybe this will help someone else.

Thank you

Best regards

0 Kudos
JayB_Intel

Hello ScottyE,

Thank you for the update. We are glad that you found a solution to address the issue and we appreciate you sharing your findings with us. We are looking forward that it may help other community members having the same issue. Since a solution has been found, we will proceed in closing this inquiry. Please be advised that this thread will no longer be monitored moving forward.

Best regards,

Jay B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos