Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1839 Discussions

Ragnarok online can't start

pinghg
Novice

hi intel supporter : 

I use intel arc A750 a period of time , it can run Ragnarok online and very well ,

now i have a little problem , when i update the a750 driver to 31.0.101.4824 & 31.0.101.4826& 31.0.101.4885 ,the ragnarok online can't start , the game have a black window,but  before this 3 new version  , it can run (ex.4676/4672/4669 and before ver.) , how can i fix this problem . thx 。

game download link :

https://ro.gnjoy.com.tw/download/program_download.aspx

8 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello pinghg,

Thank you for jumping in the thread, we will be more than happy to help you solve your crashing issue with Ragnarok Online.

We would like to have more details about your issue.

• To avoid duplication of effort in your end, please let us know what troubleshooting steps you have tried.
  • Is Resizable BAR enabled? Remember that it is recommended to enable Resizable BAR to get the best performance from your Intel® Arc™ Graphics card.

To discard that the issue is caused by some corrupted files from previous installations of drivers, remove all the previous files and leftover running the Display Driver Uninstaller. Check How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver for instructions, and then install the driver 31.0.101.4885 again.

Best regards

Jean O.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
pinghg
Novice

Hello Jean,

Q:To avoid duplication of effort in your end, please let us know what troubleshooting steps you have tried.

A: .I've tried to Reinstall windows 11 and in clean system install and start  Ragnarok Online , It doesn't work.

and I've try to change my VGA to nvidia 3070 , it can work.

and I've change my cpu.mb.ram(i7-9700k-b360-ddr4-3000) use intel arc (4824.4826.4885)  It doesn't work , 4776 and befroe, it can work. use nvidia 3070(i7-9700k-b360-ddr4-3000) it can work.

all permutation only intel arc (4824.4826.4886) it can't work. i have a black winodw, and a game background music .

maybe is rendering issue?

Q:Is Resizable BAR enabled? Remember that it is recommended to enable Resizable BAR to get the best performance from your Intel® Arc™ Graphics card.

A: yes , in the bios Resizable BAR in enable .

I only use ddu to remove firmware , then install the  fireware .

0 Kudos
pinghg
Novice

Hello Jean,

today , i reinstall windows 11 too , all clean os system ,   only use intel a750 vga , 

when i install fireware 4824.4826.4885.4887, all time use DDU to uninstall fireware , 

but i have same problem . the game has black window and background music .

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello pinghg,

We understand that you only use the DDU to remove firmware, and then install the firmware. However, you mentioned that you tested an Nvidia 3070, and we would like to recommend you run the Display Driver Uninstaller to eliminate all files from the Nvidia card, such as Firmware, drivers, and leftovers, and then freshly install the new driver, 31.0.101.4887. If you don't use the DDU, there may be Nvidia files causing issues when you change to the Intel Arc graphics.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello pinghg,

We understand that the issue remains after reinstalling the Operating System, we will proceed to look into this issue internally. We will post back as soon as we have more details.

Best regards

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Balbunis
Beginner

Hello pinghg,

I'm just letting you know that this hasn't fixed yet. I do have the same problem.

0 Kudos
Teerasak
Beginner

I play the game Ragnarok Online too.
I encountered the same problem as you.
I did everything you said here and it still didn't solve the problem.

I think the Intel Arc serial can't play DX9 or older games.

Now I have to stop using the A750 and use the Radeon 6500xt. It works great for Ragnarok Online.

I hope Intel fixes the Intel Arc issue to allow me to play Ragnarok Online.

0 Kudos
pingpodre
Beginner

Hello friends, I play Ragnarok too and I had the same problem mentioned above. After a lot of suffering I managed to resolve it in the following way.

1 - I uninstalled the video drivers using DDU;
2 - I restarted the PC and without installing any drivers I opened ragnarok. It worked, however, I had no video drivers and my computer's resolution was 1024x768 and so I had to install the Intel driver again.
3 - I accessed the website and downloaded version 101.5534 and when installing I DID NOT INSTALL THE CONTROL PANEL. I restarted the pc once again, windows resolution ok and ragnarok still working.

I'm putting an image of my Ragnarok 'setup.exe' configuration.

hope to help

0 Kudos