Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1669 Discussions

Resident Evil HD Remaster (2015) crash - D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR / Windows 11 A370M

vinilzord_learns
Beginner

I occasionally get the "D3DERR_DRIVERINTERNALERROR" out of the blue and the game crashes, there isn't any specific scenario in which it happens. Other than that, the game runs fine. It's important to mention that it uses dx9 but without the d3d9.dll file present in the root folder, and there's no way to force Vulkan API.

Specs:
Windows 11
i7 12700H gen
Intel Arc 370M
32gb RAM DDR5

*Drivers are updated

*I already have installed a couple of mods/fixes, such as REfusion_fix by ThirteenAG and 4gb patch. I also use the GC Shader + upscale project.*

I'm currently playing the game with "Disable fullscreen optimizations" option and Win7 compatibility mode. It took me some trial and error but now I can play the game for like 2h until something weird happens.

Also, the d3d9.dll from DXVK is unusable, unfortunately. Given that there aren't many people using this laptop to play games (Lenovo Slim 7), I'm quite stumped and I don't have the knowledge necessary to fix this issue. Please help.

If there's any way to run the game on Vulkan, I think this would fix this error.

I attached a .txt file generated by the SSU software.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Vinilzord_learns,

Thank you for posting in our communities.

We will do further research on the issue and post the response on this thread once it is available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
ACarmona_Intel

Hello Vinilzord_learns,

Thank you so much for patiently waiting on our response.

In order to delve deeper into the issue, provide the following information:

1. Could you specify which game digital distribution service you are utilizing to play Resident Evil HD Remaster (2015)?

2. Have you had the opportunity to try the custom-made OEM graphics driver? If not yet, try downloading the Lenovo driver using this link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-slim-7-pro-16iah7/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Graphics%2520Processing%2520Units%2520%2528GPU%2529%25%252020and%2520Server-AI%2520Accelerators&id=635380F4-448F-4129-AA77-265289D96F6F

3. Are you using the A370M graphics card when playing Resident Evil HD Remaster (2015)? We ask because it appears that there are two graphics cards, the A370M and Xe, available on your system. You can verify it by checking the task manager. 

4. If it's not too much trouble, could you share a screenshot of your game settings? This would greatly aid us in accurately replicating the issue.

5. We suggest updating the graphics driver to version 31.0.101.5522 to see if it brings about any improvements.

Best regards,

Carmona A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos