Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1593 Discussions

Runescape degraded performance near entities, low fps in general

QuirkyConor
Beginner

Runescape has degraded performance near entities, low fps in general

This issue has improved over the course of several months but is still not in a spot that allows me to fully play the game, 

Compared to my previous GPU the RTX 2070, GTX 1060, and GTX 960 the difference in performance is drastically noticeable

When around entities such as players, npc, etc in larger amounts the game stutters (IE the grand exchange). texture glitches are frequent, disappearing completely, or flashing in and out.

This issue is not related to my other thread where directx versions disappear, confirmed by dxdiag 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
23 Replies
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello QuirkyConor,

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities. We would be more than glad to help you with your issue.

To better assist you on this matter, we would like to request the following information:

• Is this issue present since day?
  • Which game distribution service you used to install the game? (Blizzard, Epic, Origin, Steam, Xbox, Ubisoft Connect, Microsoft Store)
  • Could you share with us a video showing the issue you describe?
  • Share with us the game settings you are using.
  • Also, we would like to ask for more system information; please create a system report using the following tools:
  •  Intel System Support Utility (Intel SSU) 
    • Download the Intel SSU
    • Open the application and click "Scan" to see the system and device information. By default, Intel SSU will take you to the "Summary View."
    • Click on the menu where it says: "Summary" to change it to "Detailed View."
    • To save your scan: click "Next"; then "Save."
  • Intel® Graphics Command Center
    • Open the Intel Graphics Command Center
    • Navigate to the Support tab
    • Select System Diagnostic
    • Click Generate Report
    • Select Save and name the output file.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello QuirkyConor,

We hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post?

Let us know if you still need assistance.

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
QuirkyConor
Beginner

Will update you this week, finally have some freetime, thanks

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello QuirkyConor,

Thanks for letting us know. We will keep this thread open for a few days to wait for you and test this. Once you have the information requested, share it with us; please don't hesitate, and let us know if you face any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
QuirkyConor
Beginner

https://youtu.be/zDRXzj1YWC0

YouTube link provided to show performance, everything else provided via attachemnt, please not it says resize bar not supported but is is on, verified by checking bios

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello QuirkyConor,

Thanks for the information provided.

Checking your report, we noticed that the driver version on your system is version 31.0.101.4314. As we recommended on your other thread, we recommend you install the new BETA Driver available, 31.0.101.4382. If you haven't tried it, please install this new driver and share with us the outcome.

We noticed that the BIOS version listed is version 2.B0. The latest version available on the MSI website is the 7B85v2C. We recommend you contacting with MSI support to confirm if you have the latest BIOS version installed on your system, to confirm if it is needed to update your BIOS version and gather the proper installation steps for the update process.

We also would like to know if you can share with us the graphics setting you are using on this game title.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
QuirkyConor
Beginner

The bios was updated a few months ago when i installed the Ryzen 5800x3d so it is fairly up to date and has rebar enabled. I have little hope for beta drivers, does intel provide warranty if so some chance the beta drivers bricks anything (see recent news from motherboard manufactures not providing warranty on beta drivers)

Graphics settings are on mostly max, problem exists on any preset/custom settings

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello QuirkyConor,

Regarding your questions about our BETA drivers, we want to assure you that our drivers undergo a thorough testing process before they are released to the public. Therefore, the chances of a driver causing any hardware issues are very slim. If, for any reason, your video card experiences any malfunction and a replacement is needed, we will honor the warranty.

Regarding the BIOS version, we understand that you updated the BIOS version recently; however, it is always important to keep your system up to date to have the latest features and fixes.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello QuirkyConor,

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello QuirkyConor,

We understand that you need time to test your system. Thanks for letting us know, and we will keep your threads open for a few days. Let us know if you face any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
QuirkyConor
Beginner

runescape still has massive stuttering/flickering, i have tried a combination of multiple settings to see if a certain graphical setting is causing it but it doesn't seem to be the case.

I reinstalled my RTX 2070 and the issue went away, so i'm more inclined to think its an intel driver or chip issue.

I talked on the runescape forums and the one other person i found with the ARC 770 didn't seem to have issues unless the water detail was higher then the low setting. This does not fix my issue however

I would like to test out if perhaps my ARC 770 is mildly faulty but that would force me to purchase another one

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello QuirkyConor,

Let us look into this and we will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello QuirkyConor,

Thanks for waiting for a response.

Before we further look into this matter, we recommend you try running the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to uninstall the drivers. Then install our new production driver 31.0.101.4502. Let us know if anything changes.c

Best regards,

Jean O.

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello QuirkyConor,

Best regards, 

Jean O.  

0 Kudos
QuirkyConor
Beginner

same issues as before, i took a video if you want me to upload it

0 Kudos
Jean_Intel
Employee

Hello QuirkyConor,

It would be ideal if you can share the video. It would help us for issue reproduction purposes.

Best regards,

Jean O. 

0 Kudos
QuirkyConor
Beginner

Performance seems to be okay now, you can close the thread, not sure what fixed the issue or if itll come back, i will reopen a thread with a link to this is it comes back 

0 Kudos
Satnamigyz
Beginner
Hi. I have stuttering with my 5800x3d and rtx 3070 and I have no idea what to do. How did you solve? What settings have you changed?
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

How does an AMD processor and nvidia graphics card stuttering involve Intel?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Maybe Windows 12 will be better]

0 Kudos
QuirkyConor
Beginner

I mentioned that an RTX 2070 didn't cause any of the issues when installed earlier in the thread, this thread probs popped up under the keywords 5800x3d and RTX lol

0 Kudos