Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1808 Discussions

Screen goes black every few seconds

bani1o7
New Contributor I

For a while now, I've been experiencing several problems with my Intel ARC A770, which I will now describe in more detail.

Firstly, let's look at my system:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600
  • GPU: Intel ARC A770 AsRock 8GB
  • RAM: 32GB 3200MHz
  • PSU: Corsair VS 550
  • Dual Monitor Setup:
    • Monitor 1: 2560x1440 (24" 100Hz)
    • Monitor 2: 1920x1080 (24" 165Hz)

Driver: Latest 31.0.101.5081

Monitor goes black every few seconds: The second monitor (1440p) turns off every few seconds when I start a game. This happens regardless of the game's demands. Additionally, the monitor goes black every few seconds after waking my PC from sleep mode, while it is the only one on when I am working on this monitor and don´t need the other one. A workaround is turning off and on this monitor, after which the problem doesn't occur.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
bani1o7
New Contributor I

I think the latest driver has fixed this problem. If the problem occurs again, I will open a new case and address the issues in detail again.

However, if anyone else has the same problem and there might be some overlap with the problem I have fixed.
I would therefore like to briefly address two questions:

• Which ports of the graphics cards are you using to connect both monitors?
    -> If you look at the graphics card from above after a normal installation in the PCI slot (no riser cable), both display ports are used on the left-hand side.
  • Are you using any display adapter or docking station? If so, what is the make and model?-> No. Both monitors are connected through a separate DisplayPort cable each on their own.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello bani1o7,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I understand that you are having black screen issues with your Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics while playing demanding games and after waking the PC from sleep mode, I will be happy to help you.  

To have a better understanding of the issue, please answer the following questions:

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
bani1o7
New Contributor I

I think the latest driver has fixed this problem. If the problem occurs again, I will open a new case and address the issues in detail again.

However, if anyone else has the same problem and there might be some overlap with the problem I have fixed.
I would therefore like to briefly address two questions:

• Which ports of the graphics cards are you using to connect both monitors?
    -> If you look at the graphics card from above after a normal installation in the PCI slot (no riser cable), both display ports are used on the left-hand side.
  • Are you using any display adapter or docking station? If so, what is the make and model?-> No. Both monitors are connected through a separate DisplayPort cable each on their own.
0 Kudos
Remlin379
New Contributor I
If the problem comes back, I personally fixed it by disabling VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) on a pretty similar configuration
0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello bani1o7,

Happy to hear that the issue is fixed, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician