Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1708 Discussions

Shader issue in Prepar3D v5.3 (Arc A770)

FurryMLG
Novice

Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v5 3_28_2024 7_00_22 PM.pngLockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v5 3_28_2024 7_01_14 PM.png

Driver Version is 31.0.101.5379

Game is also unable to render any times other than Noon

.cfg settings are attached in the .txt file

0 Kudos
34 Replies
FurryMLG
Novice

Updated to 5518, issues still persist

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello FurryMLG,

Thank you for answering the information we have asked. We will proceed in investigating this internally for you and get back to you as soon as possible. 

As for brunooliveira. I understand that you are also experiencing issues with your Intel Arc and we want to give you the full focus of our support. As such, I kindly ask if you can create a new thread so we can better assist you. Thank you!

Ramyer M. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello FurryMLG,

Thank you for letting us know of the additional steps you have taken. I promise to get back to you as soon as possible while we continue investigating this internally. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi @FurryMLG 

I have been unable to reproduce the crashing-to-desktop (CTD) issue when testing with driver 31.0.101.5522 (latest).

Can you please check this video of my test and point out if I am missing anything? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMaSjs3oN_Q 

The graphics corruption originally reported is reproduced in the same video, however I cannot reproduce it consistently and I do need to provide our debug team with repro steps. As you can see close to zero expertise in flying simulator apps (so many knobs and buttons on those planes I can't even get any vehicle moving an inch!) thus any hints you can provide me to reproduce the issue will be welcomed.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
FurryMLG
Novice

I will try reinstalling P3D and clearing any shader cache to see if that resolves the problem. May take me a few days to report back, the download is very large (30GB)

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello FurryMLG, 

We will be patiently waiting for you to come back. To assist us in accurately replicating the problem, we would greatly appreciate it if you could outline the steps you've taken prior to encountering the issue as well. Looking forward to hearing from you again. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
FurryMLG
Novice

I still get the CTD, and still no errors in Event Viewer. 

Only thing I get around the time of crash is DSAService warnings. Could DSAService.exe (intel Driver & Support Assistant) be causing the CTD? If so, could you provide steps to remove it?

I uninstalled driver & support assistant, however the warnings keep showing up.

EDIT: I Think I now have a potential lead, I decided to fly around for a lil bit, and found that SVChost.exe was giving errors.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello FurryMLG, 

Thank you for sharing this details. I will proceed in coordinating this back with our team and get back to you as soon as possible. 

Ramyer M. 

0 Kudos
smithjohns
Novice

Encountering shader issues in Prepar3D v5.3 with the Arc A770 aircraft can be frustrating. Start by updating graphics drivers and deleting the shader cache folder. Verify game files and disable add-ons temporarily. Ensure system meets requirements and seek help from community forums or support channels if needed.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

@FurryMLG since there doesn't seem to be any log or dump file I would suggest following the instructions on this thread under the "Crashing/freezing issues/BSOD" section. Hopefully this will force the app log the crash dump which I can analyze later.

Otherwise I would suggest reporting this to Prepar3d's developers to see why it might be crashing on your particular system.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos
FurryMLG
Novice

I have the Dump files ready, will upload them when I have the time.

0 Kudos
RamyerM_Intel

Hello FurryMLG, 

Thank you for collecting the logs. We will be waiting for them here in our thread. If you prefer email, you may also let me know as well. Hope to hear from you soon. 

Ramyer M.

0 Kudos
FurryMLG
Novice

DUMP FILES READY

Hopefully anything here is of use to you

Courtesy of FurryMLG

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Awesome! thanks for the dump files.

I analyzed both dumps and the crashing module is "dxgkrnl.sys"  - DirectX graphics kernel subsystem. While this can be triggered by a graphics driver error the dumps do not show a conflict or failure with the graphics driver before this module fails.

I suggest reporting this to the developers of Prepar3d so they can also debug it from their end.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos