Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1539 Discussions

Sonic Frontiers has massive graphical problems

SilasVogt
Beginner
Hello, I have an Arc A770 Limited Edition. So far I am pretty happy with it but now I have encountered a severe problem. Sonic Frontiers, the newly released Sonic The Hedgehog game, has trouble in relation to rendering water and i believe shadows. Shadows make everything look way too dark, while water surfaces are completely black. There are other graphical glitches as well. (I wanted to add screenshots but neither the browse link nor drad and drop worked). No one else who played this on the competitors GPUs has this problem. I don't know what APIs this game uses, otherwise i would have chosen the correct one.
Labels (1)
2 Replies
Texcrew
Novice

I am having the same issue. My new NUC Serpent Canyon's A770 is showing the same overly dark shadows and textures to the entire game during any gameplay that has shadows from clouds or dark environment. The gameplay is great, but it appears that the graphics processor is over compensating when any shadows are shown.  

https://youtu.be/7-xFhKrx7xc

0 Kudos
Texcrew
Novice

UPDATE:

The new BETA driver for A770 ver. 31.0.101.3802 appears to have fixed the issue. 

Intel® Arc™ Graphics Windows* DCH Driver - BETA

0 Kudos