Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1808 Discussions

The Crew Motorfest - Bad Performance

bani1o7
New Contributor I
  • GPU: Intel Arc A770 with Driver .5762
  • CPU: Ryzen 7 5700X3D
  • RAM: 32GB @3200Mhz
  • Storage: NVMe SSD

I extensively tested The Crew Motorfest and discovered that the game's performance in higher resolutions (1440p) has significantly decreased since its release.
(The game was playable initially at 60FPS, but after an update, it became unplayable on Intel ARC until a recent fix was released, as it kept crashing back to the desktop.)

The game is currently functioning without any crashes.
I have experimented with various settings in the game, but consistently encountered the same level of performance. Regardless of the settings used, the game is unable to exceed 51FPS.
During Races or Driving sections with nearby drivers, the usual performance hovers around 40 - 45 FPS.
I have included a screenshot demonstrating that the GPU is operating at 90%.

Kind Regards
Bani

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello bani1o7,

Thank you for posting in Intel community Forum.

For me to further check this, please help provide the following details:

1. Are you using an Intel brand Arc A770?
  2. Can you share a video of the issue and the Graphics settings of the game?
  3. Kindly provide the specification of your power supply.
  4. What are the troubleshooting steps that you tried so far?

If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
bani1o7
New Contributor I

Hi Mike,

1. I'm using an AsRock Phantom Gaming Intel Arc A770.
2. Yes, I have attached a video and a .txt file of my settings. In the video I go through the settings at 0:30. If you pay attention at the end, I even change the resolution to below 1080p to show you that the game is not capped at 50FPS on my side.
At the lower resolution the FPS is a steady 60FPS which is shown at 2:45.

Here is a link to the video as the file size is way too big to upload it here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/b4m4stwjx2h7vo2/videorec_-_Trim.mp4/file

3. My power supply is a "Corsair CV550" and it can drive the A770 with 252W at maximum power without any problems.
4. I have tried changing the settings from "Lowest" to "Highest" with no change and I have already tried DDU and reinstalling the latest driver.

Best regards
Bani

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello bani1o7,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Let me share this link, although this is crashing issue. We just want to tell you that we have fixed issues for this game:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000096646/graphics.html

And also, from the details that you provided, I found that you are using a 550 Watts power supply. The recommended power supply for Arc is 600 Watts. Please check this link:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000091128/graphics/intel-arc-dedicated-graphics-family.html

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
bani1o7
New Contributor I

Hi Mike,

As I said in my previous reply. My power supply has plenty of room on the table to drive an Intel Arc A770 even at 252W maximum via "Intel Arc Control". If you look at the stats, my CPU (5700X3D) only draws about 50 watts maximum (about 40 watts in the video).
Just look at my previous comment and watch the video. At 1440p, the performance is worse than it was on the first release where the game worked (before an update broke the game completely until Ubisoft patched it a month ago).

I'm sorry, but the details given about how the game works and the link provided don't address my specific problem. I am referring to the reduced performance compared to the previous version of "The Crew Motorfest", when it was compatible with Intel Arc and did not crash frequently.

I hope you understand that my aim is to highlight important issues and that this effort is taking up my personal time.
Ignoring the concerns of a specific player base in new game titles does not benefit either of us, the consumer or the manufacturer (Intel Arc).

Kind regards
Bani

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello bani1o7,

Thank you for the quick reply.

I understand. Kindly generate the latest SSU logs of your system for me to further investigate this issue?

Please check this link for the steps on how to get the SSU logs:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000057926/memory-and-storage.html

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
bani1o7
New Contributor I

Hello Mike,

Thank you for your response.
Attached you will find the SSU file.

Best regards
Bani

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello bani1o7,

Thank you for the information provided.  

We will do further research on this matter and post the response on this thread once it is available.

Have a fantastic day, and thank you very much for your patience and understanding!

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello bani1o7,

I hope you are having a good day.

Currently, this issue is being reviewed. While doing that, let me ask the following question:

1. Kindly confirm if they are using Season 4 of "The Crew Motorfest," which was released in July 2024?
  2. If not, can you try using the Season 4 version? 

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
bani1o7
New Contributor I
Hello Mike,

This is indeed the most recent version of The Crew Motorfest, as it requires an always online connection to play.

I hope you have a wonderful day as well.

Best regards
Bani
0 Kudos