Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1900 Discussions

The graphics card will immediately crash or freeze when running 3D games or benchmark software

RK120
Beginner

My graphics card is SPARKLE Intel Arc A750 ORC OC Edition.
This computer was just assembled yesterday, but whenever I run any 3D game(Ghostbusters、Minecraft etc.) or benchmark software(FurMark、3DMark etc.), it always crashes or freezes.
The graphics card will make a strange sound when running 3D games or benchmark software. This strange sound will stop immediately after the 3D game or benchmark software crashes or freezes.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello RK120,

Thank you for posting on the Intel communities. I have noticed while playing 3D games or running benchmark software, they crash and freeze with your Intel® Arc™ A750 Graphics crash, I will be glad to assist you.

The sound identified is coil whining, which is a sound that happens when the vibration of the coil happens in the inductor. This usually happens when the graphics card is running a workload at a high frame rate. Even if you can hear the noise, this should not damage the card or affect functionality. This can happen on other graphics card products depending on components and design, but there are steps that can be taken to reduce the sound intensity. If you need more information about it, please open a new thread to keep this one organized and help you in the best way, since the issues are not related.

Please answer the following questions to better understand your issue:

Keep me informed of the results.

Regards,  

Andres P. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

0 Kudos
RK120
Beginner
  • Provide a list of games and apps you have issues with

Now the problem only occurs when running 3D Mark and FurMark, the problem with 3D Mark is that I can't run the Stress Test and Time Spy test.
    I get a blue screen halfway through the stress test in 3D Mark, and when I run Time Spy continuously, the whole computer crashes (Time Spy "only" runs once without any problems, but the second time it runs, there are problems), and I have to force a shutdown to fix it.

The problem with FurMark is similar to the first post, it crashes after just a little bit of running (it can run longer than the first post, but it still crashes).

I ran Ghostbusters, Minecraft with ray tracing, and Minecraft with shader for about half an hour after reinstalling the drivers, and there were no problems during the process.
  • I see on the Intel® SSU, that your graphics card is running at the latest driver 31.0.101.5074, before you installed this version did you use Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU)? Otherwise, follow the article How to Use the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to Uninstall an Intel® Graphics Driver. Then reinstall the driver.
    I removed the driver with DDU, and the version of the driver I reinstalled after removing the driver is the WHQL Certified driver, version 31.0.101.4953.
0 Kudos
RK120
Beginner

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello RK120,

Thank you for your response and for providing all that information it has been really helpful. Happy to hear that the issue is fixed with Ghostbusters and Minecraft

Since there are different issues with different apps, please create a thread per app, to keep all threads organized and help you in the best way.

In this thread, I will help you with the issue related to Time Spy, please answer the following questions:

• Provide me with a picture of the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).
  • Do you always receive the same BSOD?

Regards,  

Andres P. 

0 Kudos
RK120
Beginner

I don't receive blue screen again after my first response, honestly I don't know what happend.

0 Kudos
Andres_Intel
Employee

Hello RK120,

Thank you for keeping me informed.

Happy to hear that the issue is fixed, probably the graphics update helped to solve the issue, so we will close this thread. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.  

Best regards, 

Andres P. 

0 Kudos