Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1900 Discussions

Screen Signal lost after enabling "Automatically manage color for apps" with HDMI Cable

Saveno
New Contributor I

First of, i don't know if this is an Arc related issue or a general one but i didn't find any reports about this issue.

Windows added a new option in its last update called "Automatically manage color for apps". 

Saveno_0-1700731937278.png

When you enable it with an HDMI Cable, your screen turns black and it only says Signal Lost. You can get into Bios and Safe Mode but the Setting can not be disabled in Safe Mode. Booting into Windows is no longer possible as every time Windows loads after the Bios Screen your Screen turns black and says Signal Lost.
I was lucky however and for some reason it works with a Display Port Cable.

Just wanted to report this in case you want to check if this is an issue with the Arc and i don't need any technical assistance here.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Saveno

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics Communities. We appreciate that you take the time to report this issue to us.

I have not seen reports of this feature causing a black screen when activated through HDMI, but I will be passing the information to our team so they can take a look. I see you are not looking for technical support so in case we have any relevant information to share I will let you know otherwise the thread will be closed.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello Saveno

We just want to let you know we tested the "Automatically manage color for apps" feature in Windows 11 and did not notice any signal loss problem, we were able to activate and reactive the setting without issue using an HDMI connection. This was tested using our latest driver 31.0.101.5074 in case you want to update and test it out. We will now close this thread, if by any chance you continue to experience this issue and need assistance feel free to open a new topic.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos