Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1831 Discussions

What if my arc a770 reaches 90 degrees celcius in a game?

TheRitrax
New Contributor I

In red dead redemption 2 it sometimes reaches 88 degrees

0 Kudos
10 Replies
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @TheRitrax

Thank you for posting on the Intel® ARC™ Graphics. I am sorry you are experiencing high temperatures when playing Red Dead Redemption 2 on your system.

The temperature threshold for the GPU is 90C so everything under that max temperature should not cause any issue. Are you experience any type of crash as a result of this behavior?

You can follow these general steps to try lowering the temperatures.

If you want, please provide us with screenshots/videos of the issue to verify that information.

Best Regards,

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
TheRitrax
New Contributor I

but what happens if it exceeds 90 degrees and I have a default in intel arc control that is 90 degrees?

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @TheRitrax

Thank you for your reply.

If your GPU exceeds 90 degrees, try the following:

Best Regards,

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @TheRitrax

I trust this message finds you well.

In reference to the concern you raised, we sincerely hope that the situation has improved since our last interaction. Were you able to successfully implement the troubleshooting steps detailed in the previous communication?

Is your GPU still encountering issues related to overheating? It would be helpful if you could update us on the current status.

Furthermore, I wanted to confirm if you had the opportunity to review the instructions provided in the earlier post. Your confirmation or any additional insights would assist us in providing the most accurate assistance.

Please know that we remain at your service should you require further support.

Warm regards,

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello @TheRitrax

Following up on our previous correspondence, it appears that we have not received any updates or feedback regarding the troubleshooting matter you had contacted us about. We will be moving forward with closing the current thread.

Regrettably, since we have not had the opportunity to review any findings or solutions from your end, we are unable to provide further assistance on the matter at this time. However, please remember that our support team is here to help whenever you need it. Should you require any additional information or encounter further issues in the future, we encourage you to submit a new question or inquiry.

Please be aware that this specific thread will no longer be actively monitored. Our aim is to ensure that your concerns are addressed promptly and effectively, and we apologize if this resolution is not aligned with your expectations.

Thank you for reaching out to us, and we hope that you will consider our assistance again whenever the need arises.

Best regards.

Isaac Q.

0 Kudos
IsaacQ_Intel
Employee

Hello TheRitrax

To answer your question more precisely: “What if my arc a770 reaches 90 degrees Celsius in a game?”

Here are some of the common consequences you may experience when you have overheating issues:

1.      Thermal Throttling: High GPU temperatures trigger thermal throttling, reducing clock speed and voltage to manage heat. This safeguards the GPU but decreases performance for tasks like gaming.

2.      Auto-Shutdown: Extreme overheating can trigger automatic shutdowns to prevent potential damage, protecting the GPU and the system.

3.      Reduced Lifespan: Consistent high temperatures cause accelerated wear on GPU components, leading to a shorter overall lifespan.

4.      Performance Degradation: Prolonged high temperatures gradually degrade GPU performance, resulting in lower frame rates, artifacts, and instability.

5.      Component Failure: Overheating risks permanent damage to GPU components, causing partial or complete failure.

6.      Data Loss and Instability: GPU overheating leads to crashes, freezes, and errors, disrupting work, gaming, and tasks relying on stable GPU operation.

Best Regards,

Isaac Q.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello TheRitrax

We have shared some important information on what might happen when an Intel® Arc™ GPU gets over its threshold temperatures of 90C, Is there any other concern related to this topic that we can help with.. Please note temperatures under that limit are ok, and they can happen when playing demanding games.

Best regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
Hugo_Intel
Employee

Hello TheRitrax

We hope the information we shared in this thread was useful to you. Mainly the consequences of going over the GPU temperature threshold of 90C will be reduced lifespan or damage to the hardware, as long as the temperature is 90C or less it should be fine. In case you experience temperatures above the limit you can follow the recommendations provided on this thread and of the issue persists feel free to open a new topic so we can assist. We will e closing this thread sine there are no further questions.

Best Regards,

Hugo O.

0 Kudos
AjrAlves
New Contributor II

Short answer: it will throttle its clockspeed in order to produce less heat and stay at 90ºC max.

But it shouldn't get that hot.

0 Kudos
Dominik6
Beginner

Hello, i found this thread cause i have similar problems. My Intel Arc A770 16 GB has while playing the game Total War Warhammer III everytime 89-90 degres. Settings on Low or Ultra dont make a difference. In Game i recive frame drops to 3 fps every few seconds and sometimes i recive random crashes and GPU Failure Bluescreens.  Direkt after a new start when everything is cool everything works fine.I was able to test a new PSU (750Watt) but it dont help. Driver 31.0.101.4644

update: after a few restarts, different settings etc the temps are mostly 75 degrees and peak 80 degrees. But the Problems with frame drops stays, so i think it not cause of the high temps.

0 Kudos