Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1684 Discussions

low performance 1 FPS DirectX 12 Red Dead Redemption 2

addelucas123
New Contributor II
good afternoon dear Intel!!!, I am leaving a lot of time to see if you are able to get drivers and correct problems that I am causing when I activate DirectX 12 at 144Hz and vertical synchronization in Red Dead Redemption 2 it throws me 1 FPS, Vulkan is working fine , But Intel promised that in DirectX 12 it would be better and double performance, for which I am waiting, also in Cyberpunk 2077 so that you improve performance, we would like if Intel says or guarantees that DirectX 12 will go well, I expect red dead redemption 2 to go ultra ultra at 115 to 120 FPS 1080p, and Cyberpunk 2077 105 FPS Ultra without Ray Tracing and without activating XeSS, My Intel Arc A770 16GB graphics card outperforms the RTX 3060 TI twice as fast and the memory speed even more that you must take into account, I am leaving a lot to you but I see that not even that, I bought another DDR4 3200MHz 32GB ram memory module to have 64GB Dual Channel and it shows, but DirectX 12 games I am not expecting much, the drivers this latest version and the clean installation I do not want to tell me if you are going to forget the problem or you are in them
0 Kudos
18 Replies
addelucas123
New Contributor II
So please, this is urgent publish it fixed and send it to the engineers, If intel said that DirectX 12 is going well, it is going well, not that I have problems, other users continue the same, Use Vulkan and kindly correct drivers this is urgent and I will pass videos so that you see that it is not only me but more people and I will send a maximum of 2 or 3 videos, no more greetings
0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II
https://youtu.be/I-H9zucl-tU

https://youtu.be/r8GTQ_t1Zss

https://youtu.be/V7EqmAsSUXY

this is three videos and there are more that uses Vulkan and it works fine, but in DirectX 12 it doesn't work well. As I told you, if I activate vertical synchronization and put 144Hz it throws me 1 FPS, I must put 50Hz and deactivate synchronization, I want to claim this for favor
0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czqjB_hvEzc&ab_channel=ForGamers

You see another video, As you can see, the Intel Arc A770 is far from competing with the RTX 3060 Ti, As you can also see, Red Dead Redemption 2 uses Vulkan, I think that there are users who will have the DirectX 12 problem, so as you can see, the problem is The drivers have to be reported and I'm waiting for that. I don't know how long I'm going to have to be like this

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello @addelucas123

Thank you for posting on the Intel️® communities.   

I am sorry to hear that you have problems with Intel® Arc™ A770 Graphics, and I’ll be more than happy to help you.

Please run the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU), you will find the instructions there.

Then, try our latest Beta version of the driver: Intel® Arc™ & Iris® Xe Graphics - BETA - Windows*

Also, in order to have more information about your system, please download, install and run Intel® System Support Utility for Windows. Make sure you check “Everything” before you scan, then save the report and attach it to your response.

Then, please generate and attach the Report for Intel® Intel Graphics Command Center

Best regards,

Jose B.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II
Good afternoon

Red Dead Redemption 2 DirectX 12

Yesterday I unloaded DDU with safe mode to uninstall drivers completely, then install the latest version 31.0.101.4575 And I'm still the same, when I activate DirectX 12 with vertical synchronization Yes and 144Hz is when I activate those two things it throws 1 FPS at me and look what I test in low, Well nothing neither low nor ultra and 1080p, I want to report etc

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Here you have the two files you need, but this must be reported and that you take out now to correct the problem Red Dead Redemption, Cyberpunk 2077 and etc.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello David1997

Thank you for your response and reports.

We will check this internally, as soon as we have an update we will let you know.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
Jose_Intel
Employee

Hello David1997

Thank you for your patience.

Intel is currently working on the issue, there is no ETA. However, as soon as the fix is applied, you will be able to see in the driver Release Notes.

Thank you for your time and your information to improve our products.

Best regards,

Jose B.

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II
Good afternoon

Let's see, I'll give you good comments and suggestions, when you fix the issue of low performance of DirectX 12 Red Dead Redemption 2, we want to tell you several things

1. Red Dead Redemption 2, High Quality at 115 or 120 FPS all in high quality 1080p

2. Red Dead Redemption 2, Ultra Quality at 100 ar 105 FPS 1080p

3. improve RPM curves in red dead redemption 2 to 2300 and 2400 PWM

4. If the fans work, RDR2 works at 2100 or 200 RPM, let it be 2300 to 2400 PWM

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Good afternoon

I'm David, When the DirectX 12 problem of Red Dead Redemption 2 is corrected, We want or are willing that the Intel Arc A770 LE graphics card, It can run perfectly in high high high quality at more than 100 FPS, that is, between 120 and 125 FPS when DirectX 12 is going to be corrected Okay, and Ultra Ultra we would like it to be able to play 100 to 115 FPS at most 110 FPS, only playing 1080p FHD, Well now we go to 1440p that is QHD, Well the high quality between 110 and 115 FPS, Well now we have moved on to Ultra Ultra since there are already 90 to 95 FPS, bordering on 100 FPS in some areas, That is what we would like if it can be, Beware That Intel Arc A770 LE graphics card capable of surpassing RTX 3060 Ti , and I play RTX 3070 capable of surpassing it, it has greater features, That's why I say, when the DirectX 12 problem is corrected, Please tell them apart from the problem, also improve that raw performance, And to play 4K with quality at 45 to 50 PFS, a strong hit series for the Intel Arc A770 LE graphics, and ultra quality 40 FPS as stable between 40 and 35 FPS

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Good morning

I have a problem with Red Dead Redemption 2 PC with Vulkan, It drops 43 and 44 FPS, The problem is when it sets the quality of the reflections to ultra and the water to maximum it gives 43 and 44 FPS, And I am playing it in FHD that is, 1920x1080 with Vulkan, I have to set it to high and I have to set the water to high, as I set it a little more it loses the performance, and even so, the performance is not at all that is to say, without setting the quality of the reflections to ultra and the water at maximum without setting 63 to 70 FPS and at most peak 75 FP, And I know that the Intel Arc A770 graphics has power and perfectly exceeds more than 75 FPS, And that I am playing Vulkan, I hope that Intel Don't make the move or something similar. I repeat I've said it several times already, if in several years between 3 and 5 years if Intel doesn't continue to improve etc. etc., I'm afraid I'll stop buying the final product. I'm tired of telling you. What is there, I also understand that it is in them, etc., but it is no longer that. It seems strong to me that even Vulkan with that performance does not surpass even the RTX 3060 Ti, and well, not even the RTX 4060 TI, because there is no loss in any graphics card. of that performance for activating that thing, only Intel Arc happens to it, and I already see myself coming that no, the graph is the performance as it happens etc etc, no the graph can go further and I also hope that it doesn't play me like NVIDIA passed me by with its RTX, with that you are warned in advance, 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvWizrNSh7o&ab_channel=DavidDeLucasRuiz 

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello addelucas123,

Thank you for your patience.

I'm pleased to share that the recent game update, along with the new driver version 31.0.101.5518, has resolved the issue of the game's frame rate dropping to 1 FPS. To ensure everything is functioning smoothly on your end, could you please test this by downloading and installing the mentioned graphics driver? Your feedback is crucial for us to confirm the fix.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Norman S.

Intel Customer Support Engineer

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Good afternoon

It has been solved, but now there is a problem, and when you want to activate 144Hz it does not apply it to me, it only applies 50Hz, but it does work at 50 to 70 FPS, That is, when you want to apply 144Hz it doesn't apply it, it only applies 50Hz and on top of that it runs 50 to 70 FPS 1920x1080 in DirectX 12. You have to find a solution or something.

greetings

David

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Good afternoon,

As you can see in the video that I'm going to send you, I want you to watch it in full. I'm sorry and sorry, but I couldn't put it in English in the game. That's why it's in Spanish, but more or less to give you an idea of ​​the problem. I have

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BUr3W8iCg0 

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello addelucas123,

We appreciate your prompt response and confirmation. We will review the newly identified issue and ensure to post an update in this discussion thread as soon as we have more information.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos
addelucas123
New Contributor II

Good morning,

I also want to make things clear, To Intel and the drivers, I also want to make things clear, To Intel and the drivers, you must really promise and are no longer an excuse, Intel ARC A770 must surpass RTX 3060 Ti no matter what RDR2, CYBERPUNK 2077 and other games that have DirectX 12, An example RTX 3060 TI RDR2 goes to 105 FPS 1080p, Well, Intel Arc A770 as it is a little higher than 110 FPS, I'll give you the link and I want you to promise me and I don't want any more excuses, You must overcome yes or yes, and that 50 FPS to my sad, and I'm not at all excited, keep in mind, pending Days Gone, let's go all the games without further ado

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M931O07vzUU 

0 Kudos
NormanS_Intel

Hello addelucas123,

Thank you for bringing this new issue to our attention. To ensure a structured approach to problem-solving, we kindly ask that you initiate a new thread in our forum. This will allow us to monitor the situation closely and provide you with a dedicated support channel. Rest assured, once the new thread is established, we will delve deeper into the investigation, as it is our priority to document and address each concern meticulously.

Furthermore, we are grateful for your input regarding the performance of the Intel ARC A770. We recognize the significance of delivering top-tier gaming experiences, particularly for DirectX 12 titles such as RDR2 and CYBERPUNK 2077. Our team is committed to optimizing the Intel ARC A770, though we acknowledge that performance results may vary due to different system setups, game configurations, and driver updates.

Please know that your feedback is invaluable to us and will be considered as we continue to refine our drivers and products. While we cannot guarantee specific performance metrics, our dedication to enhancing the Intel ARC A770 is unwavering.

Therefore, I will close this inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Norman S.

0 Kudos