Intel® ARC™ Graphics
Get answers to your questions or issues when gaming on the world’s best discrete video cards with the latest news surrounding Intel® ARC™ Graphics
1664 Discussions

"No Rest for the wicked" crash

CrispyChicken
Novice

After Character Creation when you start the game you have sound but the monitor goes blackscreen, game crashes after a few second without error message and you get to desktop. 

Rig:
i7-11700k
Intel Arc a770 LE

17 Replies
Argail
Beginner

Same problem with same GPU.

0 Kudos
Magnisus
Novice

Same for me. I have NUC12SNKi7.
At this point I am not sure who to blame, is it devs that do not care about Intel GPUs or Intel because of the drivers.

0 Kudos
咕咕咕
Beginner

The game's been out for days, and the problem still hasn't been fixed.

It's really frustrating when a game you want to play doesn't work.
I hope the officials take this seriously.

By the way, when I create a character and enter the game, my computer goes completely down and I have to physically restart it.It's a real pain in the ass.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, CrispyChicken.

Thank you for posting in our Community.

Given your rig specifications, including an i7-11700k and an Intel Arc a770 LE, there may be several factors at play here. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far, such as updating drivers or adjusting in-game settings?

Additionally, I'd like to delve deeper and verify specifics like the graphics models, precise driver versions, and any system errors. Utilizing the Intel SSU tool will enable us to collect detailed information about your system setup, which could aid in identifying the underlying cause of this issue.

@Argail, @Magnisus, @咕咕咕, I empathize with your situation and the issue you are facing. However, I kindly request that you create a new thread for your case. This will allow us to focus on your specific problem and provide you with better assistance.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CrispyChicken
Novice

Playing on latest driver .5444
game "can" work now but at some points in game there is a chance that the game freezes or crashes without error message, i tried diffrent graphic settings, resolutions, reinstalls, run as admin, tweaked some arc control settings but it still happens.
Overall Peformance in game on highst settings are fine imo. about 50-60 fps 1440p and high qualtity settings.

i will use the SSU Tool when iam back from work.

0 Kudos
CrispyChicken
Novice

updated on driver .5445 
still same issue 
here the ssu log

0 Kudos
Magnisus
Novice

Roll back to 5382. Game now works after hotfixes. Hotfix 5 will probably make it work with 5445.

CrispyChicken
Novice
Got a freeze+ crash with hotfix 5 and .5445 this mornig, in Sacrament Tower when leaving the storage room (where the chest and beds are)
Will try to roll Back to .5382 and test it when iam back from work
0 Kudos
CrispyChicken
Novice

no crash after rollback to .5382 and hotfix 5 & 6 
thanks

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, CrispyChicken.

I appreciate you for your prompt response.

Even after utilizing the most recent driver and experimenting with a variety of settings, resolutions, and adjustments, the game persists in freezing or crashing at specific junctures without providing any error messages. You've indicated that despite attempting different settings, resolutions, and tweaks, the problem remains unchanged. To gain a comprehensive understanding, I'd appreciate it if you could provide details regarding the specific settings and tweaks you've applied. This information will enable us to accurately replicate the issue and proceed with troubleshooting effectively.

Best Regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
CrispyChicken
Novice

Tested Lowest/highest graphic settings, v-sync on/off, resolution 1080p and 1440p, and various settings in intel arc control.

But the game works now with driver .5832,  with the hotfix 5&6 from "no rest for the wicked". Kudos to Magnisus
I didnt test driver .5445 with hotfix 6 of the game.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, CrispyChicken.

I appreciate you sharing your testing process. It's excellent news that the game is now functioning properly with driver version .5832, alongside hotfix 5&6 from "No Rest for the Wicked." Regarding your statement, "I didn't test driver .5445 with hotfix 6 of the game," could you clarify its significance? Would you be able to try testing the latest graphics version .5445 with this game at the moment? If not, could you try to install and test the game to see if there are any issues with this graphics version? This will help us determine if there are any compatibility issues with the driver when used with this specific game.

Looking forward to your response. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
Argail
Beginner
If i can help i tested for more than 20 hours with the latest driver 5445 and it works very well without crash . Regarding the game of course with the latest hot fix 6 because with the hot fix 5 I got crash and some fps drops .
0 Kudos
blakeblossom
Beginner

Ensure you have the latest drivers installed for your Intel Arc a770 LE graphics card. You can download them from the official Intel website :https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark.html. While less likely, consider updating other relevant drivers like chipset drivers from your motherboard manufacturer's website.

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, CrispyChicken.

I hope you are doing fine.

Were you able to check the previous post? 

Kindly let us know if you still need assistance. 

@Argail.

That's fantastic to hear! It sounds like you've put in some serious testing hours, and it's great to know that the latest driver version 5445 is working smoothly for you, especially in conjunction with the game's latest hotfix 6. It's always reassuring to have a stable setup without those frustrating crashes and fps drops. Your thorough testing and insights are invaluable for others experiencing similar issues.

@blakeblossom

Yes, I agree.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos
CrispyChicken
Novice

Wasnt able to check the post until now.
I will test the game today, with the newest driver. 

0 Kudos
VonM_Intel

Hi, CrispyChicken.

Sure thing! I appreciate that. It's great you're testing it with the latest driver. 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts after you've had a chance to play.

Best regards,

Von M.

0 Kudos