Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

AMT Outpost as Windows Service Problem

mdyetik
Beginner
hii everybody,

I am connecting an AMT client machine by "Manageability Terminal Tool.exe" and I want to use serial over lan (SOL) features. To use all off the features of SOL, the client machine should run "Manageability Outpost Tool.exe" windows program. Is it necassary? and it seems bad, because I think client user shouldn't notice that his machine is managed by SOL.

so I use "Manageability Outpost Service Control Panel Tool.exe" and I install the outpost as a windows service. and I set up settings. everything goes fine except one thing. this time, when I run any program like ("exec notepad"), the client AMT machine runs target program but doesnt show graphical user interface (GUI). thats I can see the new running program in windows taskmanager (exactly in processors tab), but the client user doesnt see the new started programs.

the new programs starts to run at the client pc with corect user privileges. I controlled it. but, maybe, the parent ID of the programs aren't "explorer.exe"?? may it be? client user cannot see GUI of them? What about you? What do you think?

( all of programs are part of Manageability Developer Tool Kit - v. 0.6.09037.2 )
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - mdyetik
hii everybody,

I am connecting an AMT client machine by "Manageability Terminal Tool.exe" and I want to use serial over lan (SOL) features. To use all off the features of SOL, the client machine should run "Manageability Outpost Tool.exe" windows program. Is it necassary? and it seems bad, because I think client user shouldn't notice that his machine is managed by SOL.

so I use "Manageability Outpost Service Control Panel Tool.exe" and I install the outpost as a windows service. and I set up settings. everything goes fine except one thing. this time, when I run any program like ("exec notepad"), the client AMT machine runs target program but doesnt show graphical user interface (GUI). thats I can see the new running program in windows taskmanager (exactly in processors tab), but the client user doesnt see the new started programs.

the new programs starts to run at the client pc with corect user privileges. I controlled it. but, maybe, the parent ID of the programs aren't "explorer.exe"?? may it be? client user cannot see GUI of them? What about you? What do you think?

( all of programs are part of Manageability Developer Tool Kit - v. 0.6.09037.2 )

Hi - I have forwarded your question to the DTK folks.
0 Kudos
mdyetik
Beginner

Hi - I have forwarded your question to the DTK folks.

@Mrs. Gael Holmes,

Have I written this question in wrong forum? Is there any forum that DTK folks directly read? If so, I will write my next questions in that forum.
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - mdyetik

@Mrs. Gael Holmes,

Have I written this question in wrong forum? Is there any forum that DTK folks directly read? If so, I will write my next questions in that forum.

We usually direct DTK questions such as yours to the DTK team. You might try submitting your question to the following email address: Support_DOPD_SWE@intel.com. If you think you are looking at a bug, then there is a "bug-report.rtf" file in the doc folder in the DTK - just fill it out and send it to the above email address - you might get a quicker response doing this.

Our apologies for the confusion.
0 Kudos