Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Application watchdog

raul_sanchez
Beginner

Hello,

can we use a watchdog with Intel AMT Outpost or similar for test AUTOMATIC if a service is not running and receive an alarm?

Best regards-

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ajith_I_Intel
Employee

Hi Raul,

You can certainly use the watchdog to monitor a process using outpost and send an alert based on the defined state transitions. I recommend you to watch the video located here that goes through this whole process - http://softwarecommunity.intel.com/videos/home.aspx?fn=1063. If you still have further questions, please let us know and we can provide additional support. Thanks for using the forum.

Hope this helps and good luck.

0 Kudos
VVlad2
Beginner

Your video is down. I have Intel Nuc too. We are using them in an industrial system, and developing software that will run on it. I cannot find any guidance on how to make use of watchdog timer. Why do you not have documentation on how to use a basic system function, or if you have, it, it's really hard ti find. 

0 Kudos
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Hey Vladimir,

Watchdogs are a part of the Agent Presence feature of AMT.

I would suggest taking a look at the Agent Presence section in the Intel AMT HLAPI Documentation

Let me know if you have any questions

Joe

0 Kudos