Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

BIOS PASSWORD

Hector_A_
Beginner

HI:

I'm using the Configuration Profile Wizard and created a USB to copy the settings and everything works fine.  However, I do not see a field where to assign a password to the BIOS. Any help would be appreciated.

These are the settings

Profile Name: Test2

Profile Type: Intel AMT

Network Settings
     FQDN will be the same as the Primary DNS FQDN
     IP will be taken from DHCP

Active Directory Integration
     Active Directory OU:OU=AMT-Intel,DC=MyDomain,DC=Name
Access Control List (ACL)       
     User 1: tec.local\Helpdesk Group
          User Type: Active Directory
          User has both remote and local access to the realms listed below
          Realms: Redirection, PT Administration, Hardware Asset, Remote Control, Storage, Event Manager, Storage Administration, Agent Presence Local, Agent Presence Remote, Circuit Breaker, Network Time, General Info, Firmware Update, EIT, Local User Notification, Endpoint Access Control, Endpoint Access Control Administrator, Event Log Reader, User Access Control

User 2: tec.local\Domain Admins
          User Type: Active Directory
          User has remote access to the realms listed below
          Realms: Redirection, PT Administration, Hardware Asset, Remote Control, Storage, Event Manager, Storage Administration, Agent Presence Remote, Circuit Breaker, Network Time, General Info, Endpoint Access Control Administrator, Event Log Reader, User Access Control

Home Domains
     Domain 1: MyDomain.Name

Intel® AMT functionality via VPN is not allowed

Transport Layer Security (TLS)
     Server authentication used for remote interface
     Server Authentication Certificate Properties:       
          Certificate Authority: Server.MyDomain.Name\MyDomain-Server-CA
          Certificate Template: WebServer
          Common Names (CNs) in certificate: DNS Host Name (FQDN), Host Name, SAM Account Name, User Principal Name, UUID

Network Configuration   
     WiFi
     Enable synchronization of Intel® AMT with host platform WiFi profiles

System Settings  
     Enabled Management Interfaces: 
     Web UI
     Serial Over LAN
     IDE Redirection
     KVM
          RFB password set

Power Management Settings: Host is On (S0)
     The Intel® AMT clock will be synchronized with the operating system clock
     Intel® AMT set to respond to ping requests
     Fast Call for Help (within the enterprise network) is Enabled

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Hey Hector,

The setting of the BIOS password using the ACUWizard or ACUConfig tools is not possible. 

To manipulate the BIOS, it would involve an OEM related tool, such as Dell Client Configuration Toolkit.

Joe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Hey Hector,

The flow above creates a profile that can be pushed to the device via the commandline using acuconfig.

Take a look at the Intel AMT Developers Guide for detailed instructions on using the ACUWizard. The method you used is Method 1 in the linked document.

Joe

0 Kudos
Hector_A_
Beginner

Joe:

thank for the reply.  Actually I have used all four options but I do not see a field where I can input a BIOS password to secure the workstations.  I can do everything else but that and that is the most important thing we're trying to accomplish.  Is there a way to assign a BIOS password using any of the four different ways?  I'm not referring to the MBEX password but the BIOS one.

thank you.

0 Kudos
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

Hey Hector,

The setting of the BIOS password using the ACUWizard or ACUConfig tools is not possible. 

To manipulate the BIOS, it would involve an OEM related tool, such as Dell Client Configuration Toolkit.

Joe

0 Kudos
Hector_A_
Beginner

Thank you Joe.

0 Kudos