Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Boot time error

xtreme_comp
Beginner
I have Intel DG33BU motherboard whenever i start my pc it gives an error message "Intel Manageability engine interface failed initialization and is non-operational"

Pls help and tell me about what is Intel Management Engine.
Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gael_H_Intel
Intel Active Management Technology (Intel AMT) is a capability embedded in Intel-based platforms that enhances the ability of IT organizations to manage enterprise computing facilities. Intel AMT operates independently of the platform processor and operating system. Remote platform management applications can access Intel AMT securely, even when the platform is turned off, as long as the platform is connected to line power and to a network. Independent software vendors (ISVs) can build applications that take advantage of the features of Intel AMT using the application programming interface (API).

In order to implement Intel AMT, you must have the correct firmware installed as well as the drivers that supported it

It sounds like maybe the firmware needs to be reflashed? Or simply that the Mangeability Engine Interface driver is not installed? You can check out this link for downloads pertaining to this board. You can also look for the Intel AMT services (LMS, for example) and see if they are running - you might want to stop them if you are not using Intel AMT.
0 Kudos