Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1380 Discussions

ByPass the BIOS password from Linux management to Window system

Nguyễn_Văn_Q_
Beginner

>Hi all.

I want to describe information about my application on Linux management:

Purpose: I want to bypass the BIOS password from Linux system to Window system. Following functional:

1. Check power State of vPro system:

+ Reference url (https://software.intel.com/sites/manageability/AMT_Implementation_and_Reference_Guide/default.htm?turl=WordDocuments%2Fgetsystempowerstate.htm)

+ I have implemented' CIM_AssociatedPowerManagementService.PowerState' object to get powerState of vPro system. 

2. Change powerState (PowerOn) vPro system:

+ Reference url       (https://software.intel.com/sites/manageability/AMT_Implementation_and_Reference_Guide/WordDocuments/changesystempowerstate.htm)

+ Retrieve the instance of Cim_PowerManagementService and call this method Cim_PowerManagementService.RequestPowerStateChange with  following parameters:

• powerState: One of the defined power states
  • Managed Element: A reference to the "managed system" object
  • Time: NULL
  • TimeoutPeriod: NULL

3. Problem:

+ Currently, the state of the option [PowerOn password] in vPro BIOS configuration must be "ON" (required).

+ When vPro is turned on, it requires user to input [PowerOn password] and i have to input the password manually. So my question here is:

- Can I set the [PowerOn password] in the PowerManagementService object so when i use my application to turn on vPro, it will bypass the input [PowerOn password] screen and instantly move to the log in screen of the OS ? Is there any other way to bypass this input [PowerOn password] screen ?

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nguyễn_Văn_Q_
Beginner

Hi all,

Anyone, Please help me resolve this issue !

Cheers

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos