Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Can I get the details of software installed in AMT

vivekkumarcss_net_in

Can I get the details of software installed in AMT machine. Is there any class in MDT or in the SDK of AMT

from which I can get all the software details like name,version etc which is installed in the AMT machine remotely.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
jacace
New Contributor I

Hello,

No, you can't. Intel AMT is not aware of OS and its software. Intel AMT is aware of hardware asset (inventory)information. A workaround could be writing your own app to collect this data and save into the third part storage provided by this platform and querying remotely.

Javier Andrs Cceres Alvis

0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

AMT does give some additional possibilities in terms of software inventory (like storing the inventory in the 3PDS, and of course allowing remote power on of the system so a software inventory can be gathered), but typically pulling the software inventory is an OS agent task. Typically this OS agent would be part of an existing manageability solution, but the OS agent could also be the WMI functionality that is a native part of Windows Operating systems.

The Outpost tool that's part of the DTK is an example of an OS agent, it doesn't have an example of software inventory, but it does have an example of getting the current process list from the OS on the AMT system, and software inventory would be very similar.

0 Kudos
leoxtc
Beginner

HI,

We at automatos.com have an OS agent which store software information on the 3PDS.

So you can later gather this information even if the machine is turned off.

If you want more information just contact me.

Thanks

0 Kudos
vivekkumarcss_net_in
Thanks for the reply,

I was waithing for that moment only. I want the software information from the AMT machine. Kindly tell me how I can do that.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Hi - I am not sure that I understand what exactly you are looking for. Are you talking about the version of the ME firmware and the LMS/SOL drivers?

If you are wanting to gather information about all the software that is on your AMT system then the posts above are telling you how to do that. You would have to write your own software that gathers that information.

I am thinking that we are having a language issue here. Do you want to ask your question in your language and then maybe somone on the forum who speaks your language can help?

--Gael
0 Kudos
vivekkumarcss_net_in
Hi Gael

Thanks for reply, I want to know that like the hardware information which is stored in the flash memory of the AMT machine and we can get all the necessary information from that. Is all the software that is installed or the the softwares which comes in Add/ Remove program is there in the flash memory. Right now I am getting the
installed software from the System Registry but If I get it from the other source like flash memory then I dont have to wait for the system to start
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Hi,

In order to get your installed software onto the flash memory (3PDS), you would need to write it there via your management application. Your application would need to run periodically in order to make sure thatwhat you have previously written to the 3PDS is up to date, also.

You will want to read through the Storage Administration and Operations section of the Intel AMT Software Development Kit in order to determine what you will need to do. (in the DOCs folder) I have a blog that you might want to look at - it describes our new format.

You also might want to take a look at the following Use Case(Software Inventory Management.)

I hope this helps,
Gael
0 Kudos