Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Cira

raul_sanchez
Beginner

Hi, i have a PC with AMT 5.0 and i need test Cira option.

This bios has option SMB, Enterprise and Remote Connectivity Service, is this Cira? how can i test Cira support?

Best regards.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Gael_H_Intel

Hi, i have a PC with AMT 5.0 and i need test Cira option.

This bios has option SMB, Enterprise and Remote Connectivity Service, is this Cira? how can i test Cira support?

Best regards.

Hi Raul - thanks for posting your question. Yes, with AMT 5.0, you will see an option for SMB, Enterprise, and for "Remote PC Assist." So yes, this 3rd, new option is a CIRA ("Client Initiated Remote Access") option. If you set this mode (note - you can't put in a host name prior to doing this - the system won't accept any additional settings." Setting the system to this mode allows you to enter CTRL ALT F1 (after POST) in order to get a wizard to connect to a service provider in order to get diagnostic help or to set up a remote maintainace service (via the Intel Connect Service.) Note that unless you have a service provider that you are working with to provide these services you wouldn't be able to take advantage of it.

To learn more about CIRA quicky, I would recommend looking through the CIRA doc which is in the 5.0 version of the SDK. And again, we will be posting more information about this new feature very soon. I'm also in the process of creating a blog on this topic as I'm sure many folks will have a lot of questions.

0 Kudos
raul_sanchez
Beginner

OK, i have read Client_Initiated_Remote_Access_Overview.pdf and i try put Remote Connectivity Service in BIOS and we have this error: 'Please unregister from the Remote Connectivity Service wizard before changing provisioning mode'.

And our other doubt is if we need a SIP server for example to the MPS or we have other options.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

OK, i have read Client_Initiated_Remote_Access_Overview.pdf and i try put Remote Connectivity Service in BIOS and we have this error: 'Please unregister from the Remote Connectivity Service wizard before changing provisioning mode'.

And our other doubt is if we need a SIP server for example to the MPS or we have other options.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Ok - I have just blogged a CIRA lab that a co-worker and I put together a while back. Note that in order to use that Remote PC Assist Provisioning method, you have to be signed up with the Intel Connect Service or be able to tell it how to connect to a vPro Enabled Gateway. Please take a look at my blog and hopefully some of your questions will be answered.

0 Kudos
raul_sanchez
Beginner

Ok - I have just blogged a CIRA lab that a co-worker and I put together a while back. Note that in order to use that Remote PC Assist Provisioning method, you have to be signed up with the Intel Connect Service or be able to tell it how to connect to a vPro Enabled Gateway. Please take a look at my blog and hopefully some of your questions will be answered.

OK, we have read:

New with Intel AMT 4.0/5.0: "Fast Call for Help" and "Remote PC Assist" (aka CIRA)

and

How to test CIRA in 9 easy steps (Client Initiated Remote Access)

But for the MPS what can we uset? In the document, is a VM in your lab, not?

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Hi Raul,

The Lab that I posted uses the MPSbinary that is inside the 5.0 SDK - for now you can use that. The readme file has a pretty good description on how to set up everything. You may also have to down load the 3proxy software if you don't already have a proxy software that you are using. I used a VM in my lab, but you don't have to. I had driver issues when I tried to install server 2003 onto my system so it was just easier for me to keep it running XP and use a VM that had 2003 as its OS. (hopefully the lab instructions did not cause too much confusion - I think it's OKas far as showing the general steps for testing a CIRA connection.)

0 Kudos
raul_sanchez
Beginner

OK, thanks. We are going to use a VMWare too, for test it.

I am with the SDK 5.0.1.4-SDK_5.0, we install stunnel, replace stunnel.conf, but now we need configure other parameters that we don't find. We don't find any file .cer, .pem, for example CertGeneratorrootCAcacert.cer.

We have launched all build.bat.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Hi Raul,

You would need to create your own certificates - there might be some sample certs in the Setup and Configuration Application Sample code of the SDK. And if I am not mistaken I think you can generate a test certificate using the AMT Director.

Gae;

0 Kudos