Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Difficulty registering Agent Presence Agent

Michelle_Chuaprasert

Hello,

I was talking with a colleague who is having difficulty implementing agent presence. Any suggestions on how to resolve the issue (described below):

When I attempt to register a sample for agent presence, I get a failure "Soap Error 22." This happens when I'm using the C++ Agent Sample and I call watchdog register in order to register it.

Any ideas what could be causing this problem?

Thanks,
Michelle

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gael_H_Intel

Could you please have them verify two things:

1. They have changed their admin password to being a "strong" password? and

2. When they enter the command for the sample, are they adding the following to the command?

-user admin -pass

0 Kudos
ymazin
Beginner

Hi,

I have registered agent without a problem, I cannot run SampleAgent that sends a heartbeat. I am runningthis onmy development machine (not an AMT) and was able to register an agent remotely.Do I need to run SampleAgent on AMT machine?

Thank you,

YM

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Hi,

AgentSample runs locally on your AMT Client and you would run AgentPresenceConsole from your Management Console. If I remember correctly you should use localhost in place of the IP in the AgentSample call.

Also, make surethe AMT system'sfirewall isn't enabled.

0 Kudos
john_prothro
Beginner

The ip address itself will be fine for the agent sample local code.

You do not have to use localhost or 127.0.0.1.

The agentsample code uses the same target url as the other samples in the sdk...

I use this...

http://192.168.1.100:16992/AgentWatchdogLocalService

0 Kudos