Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

Difficulty with AMT SDK. 401 unauthorized response

inbrian
Beginner
So far I have not had any luck with the AMT SDK and the AMT machine I have been testing with. I have tried both the included samples as well as code that I have written.

Running the GeneralInfo.exe example, I get the following output:

Calling function GetCoreVersion...
Error: failed while calling GetCoreVersion
SOAP failure: error code = 25

What I see when I sniff the traffic between the machines is the same for both my code and the sample code. The software makes a HTTP POST/SOAP request to the AMT machine. The AMT machine responds with a "401 unauthorized" response. The response includes an nonce value. I'm thinking that the AMT management software should be making another request to the server using digest authentication. However, this does not seem to be happening.

What am I missing here?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

How did you configure AMT on your client?

If you are new to AMT please take a look at this Start Here Guide which includes steps for initial configuration.
0 Kudos
inbrian
Beginner

I have a pretty unusual setup here I'm working with. I was hoping I just overlooked something simple. Maybe I can find another machine that I can change the settings on to be more like a typical setup. Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Taking a look at a simple setup is a good idea.

Let us know if you have more trouble.
0 Kudos
inbrian
Beginner
It turns out there were a couple issues. One of which is that I had the incorrect password for the machine. Thanks again for the help!
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
Quoting - inbrian
It turns out there were a couple issues. One of which is that I had the incorrect password for the machine. Thanks again for the help!

No problem, glad you have it working :)
0 Kudos