Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Direct control from a room control system

Ricardo_Casas
Beginner
Hi
I trying to build an aplication in a room control system (AMX).
I don't have windows i only can connect with the PC throught a port. Then I can send some commands.

But when I connect with the PC trought 16992 port i don't know how i have to identificate and what commands i have to send.

I have tested the "remotecontrol.exe" application from my computer and works fine. From the web interface in the PC I can turn on and off the computer.

Have you any information about this?

Regards, Ricardo.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Judy_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Ricardo,
It sounds as though you are trying to use 16992 to physically send commands, such as through the command line. Port 16992 would be listening and sending /receiving packets. If you need help creating the packets, I would suggest checking out the SDK Implementation and Reference Guide found here: http://software.intel.com/sites/manageability/AMT_Implementation_and_Reference_Guide/DOCS/Implementation%20and%20Reference%20Guide/default.htm

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Judy
0 Kudos
Ricardo_Casas
Beginner
Hi Judy,
Yes I need to send the commands like as a telnet control.
In the SDK Implementation and reference guide I can't see how I have to authentificate with the AMT server throught the 16992 port and what commands I have to send to turn on/off the computer.

I only see connections using a web browser.

Thanks for your help.

Ricardo.

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Hello Ricardo,

Authentication methods for AMT include Digest, Kerberos, TLS (Server and Mutual) as well as Cisco NAC, 802.1x and MS NAP that is being used by the RADIUS servers for AMT authentication on secured networks.

While you can call up the Web UI using port 16992 (using digest authentication), if you want to write a customized management console you would need to download the SDK and take a look at the APIs that are available to communicate withandimplement AMT.

Web UI: http:// of AMT client>:16992 ==> You can use the Web UI for basic control (remote power on/off, etc.)
Get the SDK Here
Start Here Guide

0 Kudos
Ricardo_Casas
Beginner
I saw the documentation but I can't find any list of commands. I need to send a single command throught the command line interface after the connection thought the 16992 port.

I can't use any windows library, I can't use a web explorer.

Thanks,

Ricardo.
0 Kudos
Max
Beginner
In the SDK Implementation and reference guide I can't see how I have to authentificate with the AMT server throught the 16992 port and what commands I have to send to turn on/off the computer.

The WMI stuff in the SDK is relatively hard to use, when you develop on any operating system other than Windows.
You may find the legacyRemoteControlService SOAP service easier.

PHP:
// put attached AMT.wdsl in same folder

$soap = new SoapClient( dirname(__FILE__)."/AMT.wsdl", array(
			'location' => 'http://'.$ip.':16992/RemoteControlService',
			'login'    => $username,
			'password' => $password,
			'authentication' => SOAP_AUTHENTICATION_DIGEST,
			'connection_timeout' => 5
		));

// power on
$soap->RemoteControl( array("Command" => 0x11, "IanaOemNumber" => 343) );
// power off = 0x12, cycle = 0x13

(you may need to place a try/catch around it, and send the command a second time if it fails the first time.
We noticed it sometimes fails the first time if there hasn't been any earlier command sent to the AMT in a while. Not sure why. Perhaps some power saving state that it needs time to wake up from?)
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Did you look at any of the following options?
And the SDK has a PowerShell Module as well along with samples - here is some info on that:

How to Configure your System to Run the IntelvPro PowerShell Module

Using the Intel Core vPro Processor PowerShell Module

To get a list of CMDLets available in the module, just typeGet-Command Module IntelvPro. With version 1.0 of the Intel Core vPro Processor PowerShell module, you will see the following list of CMDLets in list:

• Clear-AMT3PDS
  • Clear-AMTAlarmClock
  • Clear-AMTSystemDefense
  • Get-AMT3PDS
  • Get-AMTAlarmClock
  • Get-AMTSystemDefense
  • Invoke-AMTForceBoot
  • Invoke-AMTPowerManagement
  • Set-AMT3PDS
  • Set-AMTAlarmClock
  • Set-AMTSystemDefense

See this blog:

Using the Intel Core vPro Processor PowerShell Module - Part 1

If the ME is "sleeping" because of being in a power saving state, the first call will "wake" it up but it won't know what to do with it. Once the ME is up again, it can process commands.
0 Kudos