Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Director missing from the DTK

RBens2
Valued Contributor I

My question/comment is directed to the responsible parties at Intel. What "PERSON" (insert your own explitive) decided that it was a good idea to remove the Director from the DTK? I decided to upgrade to the latest version, and I found that the Director wasn't there when I needed it. I've been using the DTK for several years now, and the Director was an excellent tool for quickly testing issues with provisioning and configuration without having to resort to using the SCS. I use the SCA from the release kit all the time, but there are some scenarios that are just easier to setup with the Director. So, as a developer that has used the DTK since Santa Rosa when Ylian supported it,PLEASE put the Director back into the tool set for the DTK.

Regards,
Roger

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
Roger,
It is actually possible to still download the director tool, it was moved into a separate category since it's no longer being updated. It's in the link below on EOL'd DTK components.
0 Kudos
Jeffrey_R_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
RBens2
Valued Contributor I
Thank you for the link, and I'm glad to see that the tool is still available. However, I don't understand why the tool is no longer supported. It really is the easiest way to setup many of the different configuration scenarios, and the point of the DTK is as a development and testing tool not a production tool. Why go only to using the SCS or SCSLite, when a developer just needs to test a few systems?

Thanks,
Roger
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
I wish we would get more feedback like Roger's on our forum! It's honest and to the point. It also clues us in on what our customers need and want out of our products.
0 Kudos