Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Disable Intel AMT?

George_D_3
Beginner

I recently purchased an HP DC7900 systemt that I plan on using as a Home PC, but am having trouble using the gigabit ethernet port as it is being configured by Intel AMT. So far I have tried to disable it in both the bios and Intel ME, but ipconfig still shows an IP assigned by AMT (i'm assuming). I have very little knowledge in vPro technology and would appreciate some help. The PC is currently running a freshly installed version of Windows 7 Premium (64 Bit). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gael_H_Intel

Well, vPro systems come with two Network connections, for example:

• Intel 82567LM GbE Network Connection (integrated on system board)
  • Intel PRO/1000 CT Network Connection*

The 82567 GbE adapter is part of the Manageability Engine as part of Intel AMT - unless you have enable AMT, your system won't be using this connection (it is what allows you to access your AMT system when the OS is unresponsive or the system is shut down.)

You need to be using the other network connection that is part of your system for normal, non Intel AMT operations.

I hope that helps.

0 Kudos
E_B_
Beginner

Here's a concise, plain English guide on how to disable Intel AMT.

0 Kudos
Joseph_O_Intel1
Employee

There is additional information on AMT disabling in the Intel SA 00075 Mitigation Guide

0 Kudos