Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

E1000 DRIVER

pmv00
Beginner
Hi
I might be putting in a wrong forum but I want to come to the main issue.
ENVIRONMENT:KERNEL 2.6.21
ADAPTER INTEL 82542
MULTICORE SYSTEM
when I disable NAPI in the driver code all the interripts are falling upon a single cpu(though the /proc file says that my eth0 interrupt is having affinity ffff)when I try to set it again manually the system crashes.My driver code set interrupt affinity to all only when NAPI is enabled. so I want to know even in low traffic why all interrupts are getting to a single cpu when NAPI is disabled? why even /proc says affinity is ffff,all interrupts are on only one cpu?is there any way to distribute the load over all cpus. no user level irqbalance is in my kernel. moreover when ever I assign the eth0 interrupt to more than one cpu it gets panic.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - praveen24
Hi
I might be putting in a wrong forum but I want to come to the main issue.
ENVIRONMENT:KERNEL 2.6.21
ADAPTER INTEL 82542
MULTICORE SYSTEM
when I disable NAPI in the driver code all the interripts are falling upon a single cpu(though the /proc file says that my eth0 interrupt is having affinity ffff)when I try to set it again manually the system crashes.My driver code set interrupt affinity to all only when NAPI is enabled. so I want to know even in low traffic why all interrupts are getting to a single cpu when NAPI is disabled? why even /proc says affinity is ffff,all interrupts are on only one cpu?is there any way to distribute the load over all cpus. no user level irqbalance is in my kernel. moreover when ever I assign the eth0 interrupt to more than one cpu it gets panic.

Hello,
Yes, we do not handle questions of this type here. You will need to send yourquestion to the Intel Customer Support email.

Thanks

0 Kudos