Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Error Extending AD Schema in SCS 5.0

jacace
New Contributor I

Hi there!

I'm following the steps described in page 96 of Installation Guide, so I'm running the BuildBchema.vbs script but I got an error in the final execution (on ldifde). I've seen the logs written by this command and it's for access priviliges.

According to the manual the user must be Enterprise Admin coz server is running Win 2003 and that's user which one I'm logged on. I've granted also the Domain Admin, Dns Admin and Administrator role and error persists.

Many thanks,

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
29 Replies
jacace
New Contributor I

Hi Gael,

I uninstalled all and installed again.
Then, Imade new Security Keys and in Factory Defaul MEBx password I entered the same password on client and the result is the same: a new platform is added by SCS with empty or invalid parameters.

After all, I entered the database and I saw this (see atached screenshots):
-csti_pid_map table: looks ok (with passwords I entered)
-csti_configuration table: these parameters current_mebx_password, manual_mebx_password looks ok
-csti_mebx_passwords table: there are ok entries but there are others I don't see why they are present
-csti_profiles table: I let the basic factory profile but I saw there are also other passwords I dodn't know how they're entered/updated.

As a result, log is the same but I'm wondered about why is it not possible accessing by its web intarface (there is a page not found error)?.

Many thanks and waiting for your reply,

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

The web interface on the AMT machineI'm trying to access is:

http://192.168.0.132:16992/

And the result is:Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

0 Kudos
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Javier,

The Web UI address look fine but the machine needs to be provisioned in order to access it. I need to look at your last post and I'll get back to you when I have a decent response.

Have you tried deleting the machine with the 000000..... UUIDs from the SQL database? Maybe there is some confusion there.

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hi Gael,

Yes, I have tried deleting the wrong machine and adding it again, I have tried many manual tricks but nothing happens.

Many thanks,

Javier Andres

0 Kudos
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Javier,

I have sent your screen shots to SCS Support. You seem to have a mix of randomly generated passwords in there and in some cases your current password is the same as the new password. I'm wondering if you can just get rid of those entries that have the old or incorrect password information in them - maybe there is some confusion in SCS due to this.

The important thing to do is: find out what is the current MEBx password.Delete all priorpid/pps pairs that may have wrong passwords associated with them. In your MEBx settings in the SCS, set the "default password" to your current password and then click on the "manual password" box and type in what you want the new password to be (these can't be the same as far as I know.) After you have done this, generate your new PID/PPS pairs and try again. Being daring, I'd clean up all those entries in the DB that have the weird passwords in them as well.

Also, have you been doing full unprovisions? CMOS Clears? I'm currently loading SCS 5.0 now and will try some things out as well so let's also see what SCS Support has to say about your password situation also. Note that they are in Isreal so we may not hear from them today.

Stay tuned.

0 Kudos
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee

Javier - SCS Support advises NOT to delete things from the DB :-) You should create a new profile, new PID-PPS keys, unprovision the machine and start everything again.

--Gael

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hello Gael,

I did it!!! =) =) =)
Let me give you my feedback:
1-When Hello message comes from AMT machine I suppose SCS saves it into csto_status_of_requests table, but I saw UUID coming was 00000000000000000000000000000000 (and that's incorrect)
2-We are talking about different SCS versions, in some instructions you'd gave me some windows aren't available. In SCS 5 there is only one input window which one asks for current Mbex password; that's during PID/PPS creation; the rarely thing is that I always entered the rigth one but there are others by factory in database (in csti_mebx_passwords table), and I believe those ones are used to connect (and then error comes) but worst thing is that you can't change those values (there is no UI for it).
3-When a profile it's created, there no parameter for admin password, but in database there is one saved, that could be another fail reason.
4-In screen 1 (attached file) you can see there is a column for a connection icon, and there is always showed as unppluged (but in in tab 2, connection section of platform details window is showed as connected), I think the icon status is wrong.

This is what I did:
1-I manually change all password in csti_mebx_passwords and csti_profiles table to the rigth one. (cause there is no way to do it by UI)
2-I manually change the UUID field in csto_status_of_requests table to meet the AMT machine UUID.
3-and wait for a while, now I'm happy!

Many thanks,

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Here other platform details window

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Javier - I'm glad that you got it working. And yes, I was looking at SCS 3.x windows - I am sorry for any confusion that this may have caused.

Gael

0 Kudos