Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Error Status = 2051 of AMTRedirection.exe

刘蓓_刘
Beginner

G:\\work\\Intel\\Intel_AMT_SDK_6.0_Hot_Fix_2450\\Windows\\Intel_AMT\\Bin>AMTRedirec

tion -host 192.168.1.23 -user admin -pass Asdf!234

a: Open SOL Session

b: Close SOL Session

c: Open IDER Session

d: Close IDER Session

e: Regular boot

f: SOL boot

g: SOL boot to BIOS setup

h: IDER Floppy boot

i: IDER CD boot

j: SOL + IDER Floppy boot

k: SOL + IDER CD boot.

m: enable Redirection listener

n: disable Redirection listener

l: Display Menu Option

x: Exit

choose an option> a

PT_STATUS_SUCCESS: The request succeeded.

choose an option> c

Do you want to read from a floppy disk or from an image file?(f/i) i

Enter image file name>G:\\work\\Intel\\IAMTDemo\\iAMTAssetSee\\IntelVirtualLS.img

Do you want to read from a CD or from an ISO file?(c/i) c

Enter cdrom device>H:

choose an option> h

Error: failed while calling IDER Floppy boot

Status = 2051

choose an option>

I want to let a remote host boot as IDER Floppy,but why failed (error Status = 2051)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Richard_B_Intel1
Employee
I'm not sure where the 2051 error is coming from, but there are a couple of things that you might be doing wrong.

1. The image file must be 2 gigs or less. Here is a link to some known good image files
http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-5594

2. If your IntelVirtualLS.img file is an actual file that can be copied to any directory you need to select i (for ISO file) at the second IDER prompt and specify the complete file path again like you did in the first IDER prompt.

Example: in the following, I used a floppy image file called fd001440.img which is on a USB Stick mounted at f:

k: SOL + IDER CD boot
m: Enable Redirection listener
n: Disable Redirection listener

choose an option> m
enable Redirection listener: operation ended successfully.

choose an option> a
choose an option> c

Enter image file name>f:\os_iso\fd001440.img
Do you want to read from a CD or from an ISO file?(c/i) i

Enter ISO file name>f:\os_iso\fd001440.img
choose an option> j
SOL + IDER Floppy boot: operation ended successfully.

choose an option>

----------------

Also, keep in mind this is a sample meant to showcase how to utilize the individual APIs in source code; it's UI is basic.If you havephysical bootable media:floppy disk or CD, you would select 'f' in the first IDER prompt when using a floppy disk and 'c' in the second IDER prompt when using a CD.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you are still having difficulties.

Thanks,
-RB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Richard_B_Intel1
Employee
I'm not sure where the 2051 error is coming from, but there are a couple of things that you might be doing wrong.

1. The image file must be 2 gigs or less. Here is a link to some known good image files
http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-5594

2. If your IntelVirtualLS.img file is an actual file that can be copied to any directory you need to select i (for ISO file) at the second IDER prompt and specify the complete file path again like you did in the first IDER prompt.

Example: in the following, I used a floppy image file called fd001440.img which is on a USB Stick mounted at f:

k: SOL + IDER CD boot
m: Enable Redirection listener
n: Disable Redirection listener

choose an option> m

choose an option> a
choose an option> c

Enter image file name>f:\os_iso\fd001440.img

Enter ISO file name>f:\os_iso\fd001440.img
choose an option> j
SOL + IDER Floppy boot: operation ended successfully.

choose an option>

----------------

Also, keep in mind this is a sample meant to showcase how to utilize the individual APIs in source code; it's UI is basic.If you havephysical bootable media:floppy disk or CD, you would select 'f' in the first IDER prompt when using a floppy disk and 'c' in the second IDER prompt when using a CD.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you are still having difficulties.

Thanks,
-RB

0 Kudos
刘蓓_刘
Beginner
Thank you very much!
In IAMT SDK 3.0 the file IntelVirtualLS.img is work good,but in IAMT SDK6.0 the file IntelVirtualLS.img is not work for IDER. why? Where can I get the good img file for SDK6.0? Do you give me the link for download?
0 Kudos
Richard_B_Intel1
Employee
No .img file is supplied with the SDK; I evendug up an old 3.0 SDK and did not see any .img file being supplied. So, I'm not sure where you are getting your IntelVirtualLS.img file from; please let me know.

Have you tried using one of the .img files from the link I provided above?

I have built the AMTRedirection sample from the version of the SDK you originally referenced above and I can successfully boot an Intel AMT6 system via IDEr using my .img file. Can you provide information about theIntel AMTclient/pc you are working with? i.e. model number, BIOS version, and Intel AMT version.

FYI - You can get the latest version of the SDK from:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/download-the-latest-intel-amt-software-development-kit-sdk/

Thanks,
-RB
0 Kudos
刘蓓_刘
Beginner

Thank you very much, RB.
IntelVirtualLS.img file is not found in SDK3.0, Intel technical support used to send it to us directly.

But it does not work in sdk6.0 environment.

I need an img file which can work in the circumstances of SDK6.0 now.

For example, f:\os_iso\fd001440.img in your computer

If you have one, please sent it to my mailbox at mfc361@163.com, or provide a download link.

The motherboard model of my IAMT system is DQ57TM, and the CPU model is i5-650

Looking forward to your reply-thank you!

0 Kudos
Richard_B_Intel1
Employee

My image file is a simple DOS image, you can create your own bootable DOS media or you can try searching the web for the file.

0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
Like Rick, I haven't heard of this img file before, could you give me some background on what it actually does?

Jacob Gauthier on the vPro Expert Center does have a good list have boot disks he's used previously with IDEr that might be helpful: http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-5594

There's also this link that includes an iso that can be loaded by IDEr and used for remote disk sharing, it might be interesting to you as well: http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-4785
0 Kudos
瞿涛_瞿
Beginner

Hi RB, Thank you for your reply!

Now I use Intel provided AMTRedirection.exe and IMRGUI.exe, but no successful implement IDE remote redirects ( including IMG files and ISO files and real boot CD).

However, you successfully use f:\os_iso\fd001440.img file for redirection. Can I try your files in order to make sure whether it was caused by files or not?

If your file is not large, please sent to my mailbox, mfc361@163.com.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Richard_B_Intel1
Employee

If you'd like, you can grab the image off of the web; here is asite that offers the disk image. I can not vouch for the site itself, but I've downloaded their image and tested it succesfully.
http://severinterrier.free.fr/Boot/ImgBoot/index.htm

If you choose to trust this site, locate the fd001440.zip link,download the file and unzip. This file has a .ima extension, you can use it as is or rename it to .img; just make sure you specify the proper extension when answering the sample's prompts.

0 Kudos
瞿涛_瞿
Beginner

G:\work\Intel\Intel_AMT_SDK_6.0_Hot_Fix_2450\Windows\Intel_AMT\Bin>AMTRedirec

tion.exe -host 192.168.1.23 -user admin -pass Asdf!234

k: SOL + IDER CD boot.

m: enable Redirection listener

n: disable Redirection listener

choose an option> a

choose an option> c

Enter image file name>C:\Downloads\fd001440\fd001440.img

Enter ISO file name>C:\Downloads\fd001440\fd001440.img

choose an option> j

Error: failed while calling SOL + IDER Floppy boot

Status = 2051

choose an option> m

choose an option> j

Error: failed while calling SOL + IDER Floppy boot

Status = 2051

choose an option>

Thanks RB! I use your file also can't get result successful! How do I get right result?
0 Kudos
RBens2
Valued Contributor I
Why did you tell the tool to use a floppy image for the CD? The tool specifically says to use an ISO file. There are several ISO files available on the Web for booting to DOS and such. Please use the correct file type for each of the operations, and you might have more success.

Regards,
Roger
0 Kudos
Richard_B_Intel1
Employee
The only time I get the 2051 error is when I try to run this sample against a system that is powered down. Is your Intel AMT system powered on when you are executing the sample?

To Roger's comment about why a floppy image is being specified for the CD...
Keep in mind this is a sample for showing how to use the apis and has a simple UI; it was not designed as a tool.The UI requries two imputs; so in this case, since we are using a floppy image entered in the first prompt we simply need to provide accpetable input to the second prompt.
When prompted with: Do you want to read from a CD or from an ISO file?(c\i)
if you have a CD drive you could have selected 'c' and provided the drive letter (example: D:)
0 Kudos
RBens2
Valued Contributor I
The specified error code is for an invalid command. Have you looked in the MEBx to make sure that IDER is enabled on you your system? You may also want to run Wireshark and capture the packets for the SOAP commands. Capture the packets, select the packets going from the server to the target at port 16992, right-click on one ofthe packets, and select "View TCP stream".From this view, youcan get the status for the remote control command and look the value up in the SDK docs.

Regards,
Roger

[cpp]//The command specified in the remote control command 
//is not supported by the Intel AMT device
#define PT_STATUS_INVALID_COMMAND  0x803 
#define AMT_STATUS_INVALID_COMMAND  0x803 [/cpp]
0 Kudos
瞿涛_瞿
Beginner

Problem solving!

The BIOS from TMIBX10H.86A.0029 upgrade to TMIBX10H.86A.0039 will use!

Thanks very much again!

0 Kudos