Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Error connecting SCS Console to web service

jacace
New Contributor I

Hi there

I have installed a server with this configuration:

-Windows Server 2003 EE

-SQL Server 2006 Enterprise Edition

-.Net Framework 2.0

-IIS 6.0

The SCS Main Server and all other componentesare running in this server without HTTPS forced. The troubles are:

-When I try to connect to https://ServerName/AMTSCS I got the error: Login Failed. Reason: Unable to connect to the remote server

-When I try to connect to http://ServerName/AMTSCS) I got the error: Login Failed. Reason: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

I have debugged the console with source code and the exception is the same;I've seen in code that web service connection mode is HTTP digest with default credencials, so I've tried to connect locally and remotely with different users butresults don't vary.

Many thanks and waiting for your help.

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

A couple of questions - is your OS 32 or 64 bit? Which version of SCS are you using?

I remember seeing a similar issue while I was trying to use a previous version of SCS with 64 bit Win2003 server.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hi Sree,

The OS is 32 bit
The SCS version is 3.3.1.4.0
The server is in a workgroup (not connected to AD)

Thanks,

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Please try putting in the complete machine name (FQDN) - http://ProvisionServer. yourenterprise.com/AMTSCS(page 77 in SCS Installation and User Manual)
When you installed SCS service, did you select the option to use http or https? If you used https, did you install the IIS certificate?
Thanks,
Sree
0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I
Hello Sree,

As I said before, the SCS Main service was installed without HTTPS forced (so, I didn't install security
certificates) and the server is in a workgroup not in a domain (that's why I tried to do a local connection -with the console installed on the same server-), so the complete server name it's the same (without XXX.com).

Thanks and waiting for your reply.

Javier Andrs
0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Does this user have the right permission to run the service? You should allow the user to have this permission while installing SCS. Also, is the AMT Config service running on your system?

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hello Sree,

The user that SCS is using is a local administrator and as I said in my first post the service is running.

Many thanks,

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

I have forwarded your question to the SCS support team. Waiting for their answer.

BTW, are you using the same system for SCS and Director? If so, there could be an issue with the port - both will be using 9971.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hello Sree,

No, I'm not using the same system for SCS and Director.

Many thanks and waiting for your reply,

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

I found out from the SCS support team that SCS will not work on a Workgroup (without AD).

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hi Sree,

I've joined the server in a domain and I'm accessing using an admin user (from AD)and results didn't vary.

Thanks,

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

We are working on this. Will get back to you soon.

BTW, do you have any firewall running on the system?

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hi Sree,

No, I have no blocking software running on the server.

Thanks & waiting for your reply,

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hello Sree,

I write you just for keeping the thread alive.

We're still having the problems and waiting for some help.

Many thanks,

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

You havejoined the server to the domain AFTER the SCS was installed. As a result, you now have an SCS installed with a local (workgroup) user and thats the only user that currently can login the SCS server (after login he will be able to grant permissions to other users to login), because this is a local user and SCS doesnt support that so even this specific user cant login.

So, you will now have to uninstall the current SCS and then install the SCS server while logged on with AD user, so the SCS service user will be this AD user. After the SCS installation complete,you will be able to login the SCS (and grant any other AD user to logon the SCS).

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hello Sree,

I have uninstalled the SCS service and installed again logged on with an AD user (with the local admin user I granted admin permission to this user on this machine) and results are the same:

---------------------------
Login Failure
Login Failed

Reason: Unable to connect to the remote server
OK

I have installed with and wihtout HTTPS forced and the error is the same (then, error is not cause certificates).
When I ran the console it's with the same user I installed.

Thanks,

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Could you send us the log files? You can turn on logging by modifying Registry at:

HKLMSoftwareIntelAMTConfServerLOG create string value LogLevel and modify its value to V

The files will be located at the root of C: and are called scs_server.log and scs_win_server.log

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hello Sree,

I have seen the log file and I understand that user acaceres does not have privilege to run SCS service; this is a AD user with admin permissions on the server running SCS service.

Is required the user to be an Active Directory admin (I mean, to be part of the domain admin group and NOT machine admin -local admin-)?

Many thanks,

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

The SCS user should have "Create/Delete AMT Object permissions". Please refer to page 12 in the the SCS Installation and user manual.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hello Sree,

Sorry for delay, but We setup the server as a domain controller for test and I create a new test domain. After that, I have installed the SCS service and the console logged on as an AD user (member of Domain Administrators and Administrators group).

After that I tried to create instances of Intel-Management-Engine but I haven't find such as classes (I looked for them with the schmmgmt.dll mmc snap-in) and then I havent been able to create required permissions (specified in page 45-I mean I don't see the intel amt objects shown in that page-).

Many thanks I waiting for your help,

Javier Andres

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

You have to be a part of AD and have to be a local admin on the server running the SCS. You cannot run the SCS server on the DC since you do not have local admins on the DC. You have to extend the schema on the AD as described in the User Guide page 37-38.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos