Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Error executing CircuitBreaker Sample

alberto_sagan
Beginner

Hi all,

I have tried to execute CircuitBreaker sample but I have received an error message.

I am using SDK 5.0, Intel AMT 3.0.

When I launch: ./circuitBreaker http://hostname:16992/CircuitBreakerService -user admin -pass XXXXXX

The messages I get is:

"Calling function CbQueryCapabilities.....Success

Calling function CbFilterCreate....

Error: failed while calling CbFilterCreate

Status = 36"

What is it happenning? I have launched AssetDisplay sample and I have no problem with that sample, but with this...I dont know what else to do.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

According to the network interface guide (on page 390), code 36 is:

PT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER = 0x24

It's interesting that queryCapabilities succeeded and createFilter failed, that seems to rule out problems with connecting to the AMT device properly. Can you try this command again and add the -verbose option, and see what kind of feedback you get?
./circuitBreaker http://hostname:16992/CircuitBreakerService -user admin -pass XXXXXX -verbose

0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Also, are you running this command locally or from a remote machine?

0 Kudos
alberto_sagan
Beginner

Also, are you running this command locally or from a remote machine?

I am running this command remotely.

0 Kudos
alberto_sagan
Beginner

According to the network interface guide (on page 390), code 36 is:

PT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER = 0x24

It's interesting that queryCapabilities succeeded and createFilter failed, that seems to rule out problems with connecting to the AMT device properly. Can you try this command again and add the -verbose option, and see what kind of feedback you get?
./circuitBreaker http://hostname:16992/CircuitBreakerService -user admin -pass XXXXXX -verbose

Hi, I have tried every different option (-A,-L,...) and I get the same error messages.

I have translated the display functions, but I have tried to execute the original circuitBreaker and I get the same error I get in the modified version. My mods are only in the language, anything else.

./circuitBreaker http://hostname:16992/CircuitBreakerService -user admin -pass XXXXXXXX -verbose

"Calling function CbQueryCapabilities...
Capacidades del Circuit Breaker
----------------------------
Numero maximo de politicas soportadas = 8
Numero maximo de filtros soportados = 80
Descripcion Hardware: Wired NIC
Hardware ID: 0
Numero maximo de filtros IPv4 activos en Tx : 28
Numero maximo de contadores IPv4 activos en Tx: 16
Numero maximo de filtros IPv4 activos en Rx: 32
Numero maximo de contadores IPv4 activos en Rx: 16
Anti Spoofing IPv4 Activado o No: 1
Numero maximo de filtros IPv6 activos en Tx: 28
Numero maximo de contadores IPv6 activos en Tx: 16
Numero maximo de filtros IPv6 activos en Rx: 32
Numero maximo de contadores IPv6 activos en Rx: 16
Anti Spoofing IPv6 Activado o No: 0
Numero de filtros IPv4 usados por trafico IPc6: 1

Calling function CbFilterCreate...
Status = 36

Calling function CbFilterGet...
Error: failed while calling CbFilterGet
Status = 2053

Calling function CbFilterDelete...
FilterCreationHandle = 27

Error: failed while calling CbFilterDelete
Status = 2053 "

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot again

0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Would you please run the Commander from the DTK and check if there are any pre-existing filters. You may have met the limit to the number of filters or there may be a conflict with an existing filter.

You may also want to try upgrading to latest AMT firmware version (check with you OEM to get this).

0 Kudos
alberto_sagan
Beginner

Would you please run the Commander from the DTK and check if there are any pre-existing filters. You may have met the limit to the number of filters or there may be a conflict with an existing filter.

You may also want to try upgrading to latest AMT firmware version (check with you OEM to get this).

I have executed Commander and there are only 7 filters and there are no new configuration, so It isnt the problem.

Anyone else can help me?

Thansk a lot

0 Kudos
alberto_sagan
Beginner
Quoting - alberto_sagan

Hi all,

I have tried to execute CircuitBreaker sample but I have received an error message.

I am using SDK 5.0, Intel AMT 3.0.

When I launch: ./circuitBreaker http://hostname:16992/CircuitBreakerService -user admin -pass XXXXXX

The messages I get is:

"Calling function CbQueryCapabilities.....Success

Calling function CbFilterCreate....

Status = 36"

What is it happenning? I have launched AssetDisplay sample and I have no problem with that sample, but with this...I dont know what else to do.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks a lot

Please...I have no answers for this problem!!!

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel
Hi,
We are working on this; will get back to you soon.
Thanks,
Sree

0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

We have not been able to reproduce your error on our systems. The sample works fine on all the configiurations we have tried.

Do you have another system you can test on? Or can you unprovision this system and start fresh on it?

Also, as mentioned before, you should try to upgrade to the latest firmware for your system.

0 Kudos