Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

EventLogReader sample on windows

Ronnie_S_
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to compile EventLogReader sample on windows with VS 2015 express but encountered many link errors like:

CimOpenWsmanClientD.lib(error.obj) : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol _vsnprintf imported in function _xmlReportError
2>MSVCRTD.lib(vsnprintf.obj) : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol _vsnprintf imported
2>CimOpenWsmanClientD.lib(entities.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp___snprintf

Couldn't solve.

Tnx,

Ronnie

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gael_H_Intel

Hi - Just to be sure - are you following the guidance in the Implementation and Reference Guide?  And have you installed the Microsoft Platform SDK?

https://software.intel.com/sites/manageability/AMT_Implementation_and_Reference_Guide/WordDocuments/generalrequirementsforthewindowscsamples.htm

And I just noticed you are trying to use MS 2015.  The SDK that supports AMT version 10 is built for MS 2008.  Try the guidance below and see if you can get your samples to build.

General Requirements for the Windows C++ Samples

The Windows C++ samples were developed using Visual C++ 2008 Service Pack 1 (SP1). Visual Studio Professional Edition 2008 with Service Pack 1 must be installed to compile and run the Intel AMT Windows C++ samples.  The sample behavior in newer versions of Visual Studio cannot be guaranteed. They depend on runtime elements from this development environment. The Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2008 installed. If you do not have Visual C++ 2008 installed on your platform, follow this link to download and install the redistributable package on the platform where you will execute the samples.

0 Kudos
Ronnie_S_
Beginner

It seems to be a problem with the installed platform SDK.
Uninstalled and Reinstalled it, fixed the problem.

Thx.

Ronnie

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

I was thinking it might have been a Platform SDK issue. I'm glad you got it working.

Gael

0 Kudos