Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Future functionality of intel amt: kvm over ip

nor500
Beginner
Serial over lan fucntionality is very useful, however limited in some way. The perfect functionality of remote management would be, I think, as you could manage your remote pc just as exactly the same way, as if you were be sitting in front of it. No matter you you would like to start it, or use remote desktop or you would like to do complete os installation. The perfect managability is ip kvm functionality. Are you planning to implement ip kvm functionality in future release of intel amt?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Shmuel_G_Intel
Employee
Quoting - nor500
Serial over lan fucntionality is very useful, however limited in some way. The perfect functionality of remote management would be, I think, as you could manage your remote pc just as exactly the same way, as if you were be sitting in front of it. No matter you you would like to start it, or use remote desktop or you would like to do complete os installation. The perfect managability is ip kvm functionality. Are you planning to implement ip kvm functionality in future release of intel amt?

Hi Nor500!

As you say, SOL is very useful and will let you control the computer remotely for basic operations -- and then you canuse software based utilities to control the remote computer.
0 Kudos
nor500
Beginner

Hi Nor500!

As you say, SOL is very useful and will let you control the computer remotely for basic operations -- and then you canuse software based utilities to control the remote computer.

So you are saying, you are not planning kvm over ip to put in intel Amt?
0 Kudos
Shmuel_G_Intel
Employee
Quoting - nor500
So you are saying, you are not planning kvm over ip to put in intel Amt?

As of now SOL and software based solutions can solve the "remote controlof UI" problem.
I can'tdetermine what the future stores for us, nor500 -- but will try to help you in whatever present problem you face.:)
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

As of now SOL and software based solutions can solve the "remote controlof UI" problem.
I can'tdetermine what the future stores for us, nor500 -- but will try to help you in whatever present problem you face.:)

Hi Nor500,
We are not allowed to disclose any future plans regarding Intel AMT. So we are sorry we cannot engage further regarding your question. As soon as new features become available we will post blogs and other articles onto the Community Site.
0 Kudos
nor500
Beginner

Hi Nor500,
We are not allowed to disclose any future plans regarding Intel AMT. So we are sorry we cannot engage further regarding your question. As soon as new features become available we will post blogs and other articles onto the Community Site.

I read a white paper about this topic: http://cache-www.intel.com/cd/00/00/42/55/425529_425529.pdf
The white paper is mentioning about q55 chipset and itsip kvm functionality, but not in detail.
0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee

Things are still in the same position as what Gael mentioned in May, I apologize but we cannot discuss more details currently.
0 Kudos