Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Has anyone worked with the Dell Dimension 5150?

indianapolisseo_com
I guess my question is, we are an seo company, and we have developers, but we are really trying to figure out which systems would be best for the future for our company. We have been working with Dell Dimension 5150's for a good while, would like to be able to manage more software. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gael_H_Intel
I guess my question is, we are an seo company, and we have developers, but we are really trying to figure out which systems would be best for the future for our company. We have been working with Dell Dimension 5150's for a good while, would like to be able to manage more software. Any ideas?

Hi There and Thank You for posting your question here.

First of all for finding Intel AMT(Active Management Technology)capable systems, you might want to look through a couple of Blogs: Intel AMT for Mobile processors and Intel AMT for Desktop processors. Your Dell Dimeionsion 5150s do not look to be vPRO capable. To learn more of the Use Cases that Intel AMT is typically used for you might want to take a look at our Manageability Developer's Community Web site. Here you can find out all the different use cases for Intel AMT and it's general architecture.

Things to ask yourself: What use cases (current problems)do I want to solve for my company? Do you already have software that provides some level of manageability? If so you will need to think of what out of your current software could be done better using Intel AMT?

I'm not sure I answered your question so please let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gael_H_Intel

Hi There and Thank You for posting your question here.

First of all for finding Intel AMT(Active Management Technology)capable systems, you might want to look through a couple of Blogs: Intel AMT for Mobile processors and Intel AMT for Desktop processors. Your Dell Dimeionsion 5150s do not look to be vPRO capable. To learn more of the Use Cases that Intel AMT is typically used for you might want to take a look at our Manageability Developer's Community Web site. Here you can find out all the different use cases for Intel AMT and it's general architecture.

Things to ask yourself: What use cases (current problems)do I want to solve for my company? Do you already have software that provides some level of manageability? If so you will need to think of what out of your current software could be done better using Intel AMT?

I'm not sure I answered your question so please let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
indianapolisseo_com
Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate your answers.I guess I am going to have to go back and figure out what we need, it looks like we need the Intel AMT for more manageability. I will look through thoseIntel blogs that you provided me. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel
Hi Again,
As for blogs, you can also just find the Manageability Category and go there - you will see all the blogs that pertain to Intel AMT.
0 Kudos