Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and the technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
Announcements
The Intel sign-in experience has changed to support enhanced security controls. If you sign in, click here for more information.
1368 Discussions

How to use 'ReflashBios' feature of AMT to update the BIOS of Intel m/boards?

Stas_Z_
Beginner

I have two Intel desktop boards with AMT: DQ965GF and DQ57TM and use SOAP-based access to the AMT features.

"Network Interface Guide" states, that 'RemoteControl' can be used to PowerUp/Reset the machine with 'ReflashBios' bit set. Description of 'ReflashBios' from the doc: "the boot block reflashes the BIOS on the next boot, using IDE redirection as the source of the BIOS image".

'GetRemoteControlCapabilities' returns ENABLED BiosReflash in OemDefinedCapabilities for the both m/boards.

I can't find the procedure of the BIOS update. "The boot block reflashes...": what is the boot block mentioned?. I tried to setup IDER-CD (with ISO-image, containing BIO-file from the motherboard downloads area) and powerUp by AMT with ReflashBios set. Nothing's happened.

I also tried to enter to the bios update by F7 with IDER-CD set; redirected CD drive doesn't listed in the possible sources of BIOS image (like as any hardware CD/DVD).

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gael_H_Intel
Hi - I wanted you to know that I have seen this question but I'm going to have to do some research on it. Sorry for the delay.