Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Intel AMT DTK: Windows 7 64-bit Crash

Trevor_Sullivan
Beginner
Hey guys,

I don't think I've posted about this before, but ever since I've been running the Windows 7 64-bit Build 7100, I've had issues getting the AMT Developer Toolkit tools to run. I grabbed the source and started a debugging session, firing up the AMT Commander tool, and an exception gets thrown saying "BadImageFormatException was unhandled" and then it goes on to say that it couldn't load the ManageabilityStack library.

Any ideas what might be going on with this? I'm not quite sure where to start with troubleshooting the ManageabilityStack library.

Thanks,

Trevor Sullivan
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - Trevor Sullivan
Hey guys,

I don't think I've posted about this before, but ever since I've been running the Windows 7 64-bit Build 7100, I've had issues getting the AMT Developer Toolkit tools to run. I grabbed the source and started a debugging session, firing up the AMT Commander tool, and an exception gets thrown saying "BadImageFormatException was unhandled" and then it goes on to say that it couldn't load the ManageabilityStack library.

Any ideas what might be going on with this? I'm not quite sure where to start with troubleshooting the ManageabilityStack library.

Thanks,

Trevor Sullivan

Hi Trevor,
It looks like Windows 7 is not a supported OS for the current version of the DTK. I am trying to find out when support is being planned for future releases.

Gael
0 Kudos
Brett_M_Intel
Employee
Trevor,

While Windows 7 may not be fully supported at this time, you can attempt to recompile the tools and libraries in the Manageability Developer Tool Kit to better support 64-bit Microsoft Windows operating systems.

For each project in the entire Manageability Developer Tool Kit solution, edit the project's "Build" properties and select "x86" as the "Platform target". Then rebuild all tools, install/copy to the target systems, and you should be able to execute without issue. (Oh, and be sure to do this for both Debug and Release configurations, or at the very least the configuration you are targeting.)

The cause of this is the inclusion of the 32-bit Redirection Library from the Intel AMT SDK that is only supported in that addressing space. By rebuilding against the "x86" platform target the tools/libaries will be loaded and executed under the 32-bit addressing space in 64-bit Windows.
0 Kudos
TIMOTHY_D_Intel
Employee
Hi,
We continue to collect requirements for a yet to be funded update to Manageability DTK. We are collecting requests and developing stories for development I believe will begin later this quarter (~September) to address the growing list of needed updates including the SOL/IDER on SCCM provisioned systems and Win64 support. We define stories generally as, "I as a want so I can ." If you'd like to add to our list, I really want to know what the users of the DTK need. As for this issue, I will add a story that looks something like this.

"As a technoligical professional I want to use Manageability Commander and Outpost Tools under Windows desktop operating systems including XP + SPn, Vista* Biz & Ultimate (32b & 64b), and Windows* 7 (32b & 64b) so I can be sure all my Intel vPro platforms can be managed."

Best regards,
Tim

Hi Trevor,
It looks like Windows 7 is not a supported OS for the current version of the DTK. I am trying to find out when support is being planned for future releases.

Gael

0 Kudos
Omer_B_Intel1
Employee
Quoting - Timothy Duncan
Hi,
We continue to collect requirements for a yet to be funded update to Manageability DTK. We are collecting requests and developing stories for development I believe will begin later this quarter (~September) to address the growing list of needed updates including the SOL/IDER on SCCM provisioned systems and Win64 support. We define stories generally as, "I as a want so I can ." If you'd like to add to our list, I really want to know what the users of the DTK need. As for this issue, I will add a story that looks something like this.

"As a technoligical professional I want to use Manageability Commander and Outpost Tools under Windows desktop operating systems including XP + SPn, Vista* Biz & Ultimate (32b & 64b), and Windows* 7 (32b & 64b) so I can be sure all my Intel vPro platforms can be managed."

Best regards,
Tim

You may want to try corflags.exe /32bit+ "Manageability Commander Tool.exe and the same for the other tools. you may be pleasantly surprised :-)
0 Kudos