Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Intel AMT configuration with a Linux command line

postaquestion
Beginner

Is it possible to configure Intel AMT settings using a Linux command line utility?

We have Linux servers in our data center with Intel AMT support, which are unconfigured, and we'd liketo configure these without reboot.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ylian_S_Intel
Employee

Hi there,

I may not be the best person to answer your question since, I work a lot more on Microsoft Windows. Still, I know a few things about Intel AMT that could help. First of all, if the computer's AMT is not setup at all, it's unlikely you will be able to set it up without a reboot. If you have Intel AMT 2.0 or 2.1, you will need to go into the BIOS and set the computer up in Small Buisness or Enterprise mode and get the process started.

Secondly, it's not possible to setup Intel AMT using software that is running on the Intel AMT computer. The computer can't configure itself. I know this may sould a little weird, but you need a 2nd computer to configure Intel AMT. If you can find yourself a Microsoft Windows computer, I would get started with software like the Intel AMT DTK.

Also, I recommand that you try setting up Intel AMT on a non-production computer first. There are lots of different settings and things to learn about Intel AMT, and it's probably best that you get started on a test computer trying out all of the various features. If your Linux computer runs on a private network, you may be ok with Intel AMT running in small buisness mode. If it's running on the Internet, I recommand you setup the computer's AMT in enterprise mode and use TLS. I posted a blog entry yesterday on how to set that up.

I hope this helps,
Ylian (Intel AMT Blog)

0 Kudos