Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

Intel ME Features Control menu option is missing

mantvydas
Beginner

Hello, there,

I've got several new Dell Optiplex 755 workstations. As always, they come with Intel AMT disabled.

I tried to enable it through MEBx.

However, I just don't see an option to enable it.

First screen is:
Intel ME Configuration
Change Intel ME Password
Exit

Certainly, I first change Intel ME Password from admin,

Then if I go to Intel ME Configuration, I only see
Intel ME State Control
Intel ME Firmware Local Update Qualifier
Intel ME Power State Control
Exit

And where can the Intel ME Features Control be, which is mentioned by everybody, in which I should select Intel AMT as a means formanagement? How to enable it? Why I don't see it?

Dell BIOS A09, Intel AMT BIOS Extensions v3.0.2.0004

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Please make sure that you have the latest bios; you can go to the Dell site and check this. What if you go into the ME state control? Do you have option to enable AMT?

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
mantvydas
Beginner

Thank you for a prompt reply.

Yes, A09 BIOS is currently the latest, as it says herehttp://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&ServiceTag=&SystemID=PLX_PNT_P4_755&os=WLH&osl=en&catid=&impid=

If I go into the ME state control, there are two options: Disable and Enable. Currently it's Enabled. If I Disable it, then all the options disappear at all -- that is by design I understand.

Maybe in BIOS something has to be set, what is not set. But there's nothing with Intel AMT in BIOS it seems... Any jumper on motherboard, or something?

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

The reason could be that AMT is the only feature available and Dell might have decided not to include the feature selection. Why don't you go ahead and complete the set up process as recommended in the Starte here guide and see if you can remotely connect to the system through WebUI?

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
mantvydas
Beginner

If so, then there should be Intel AMT Configuration item available in MEBx, where I couldspecify the Host Name, the TCP/IP, DHCP options, etc. But it's not there.

And when Windows starts dialog box shows that Intel Active Managament Technology Status: disabled, though the Intel Active Management Technology System Statusservice is Started.

Mantvydas

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

You are right; you should have AMT configuration menu for setting these values. I think you should contact Dell about this.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
mantvydas
Beginner

Hello,

I've contacted vendor, just like you recommended, and they have directed me to this page:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/document?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&docid=36400464FB593B86E040A68F5B284972&journalid=4E1CF7DE75EC31D1E040A68F5A282003&Query=YW10&SystemID=PLX_PNT_P4_755&ServiceTag=&contenttype=-1&os=-1&component=-1〈=-1&doclang=en&toggle=true

It says, that Management Options of the computer depend on the sticker inside the machine chassis. And if the sticker says 1, AMT is installed on the motherboard, and if it's any other (2, 3 or 4) number, AMT is not and only a motherboard change can change it.

I've got 2 written on the sticker.

That means, I have a basic ASF-only management in my computers. It looks like I haven't bought any AMT management with my purchase. :(

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Sorry to hear that. So are you planning for upgrading your motherboard?

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos