Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1380 Discussions

Intel(R) AMT 3.0 Setup & Configuration Problem on Desktop board

nil123
Beginner
Hello Friends,

I have tried to install/activate AMT feature on my PC (localy) but still not success.
I have searched lot many not get exact document which explains about configuring AMT3.0
Can anyone help me to install AMT 3.0

Here is my system details:

Desktop Board - DQ35J0
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU, 2.33 GHZ
1 GB RAM.

Windows XP Professional (Service Pack2).

Kindly reply soon... Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nilesh.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Here are some useful links:

Start Here Guide

Tips & Tricks for setting up Intel AMT client

Video tutorial

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Could you let us know what problems/error messages you are encountering?

Do you have the AMT Director installed on the same system that you have the SCS installed on? (there could be a port conflict so you could try using a different port number)

Are you trying to use a PID/PPS pair that has already been used?

Are you trying to provision using TLS? Is there a certificate issue?

Have you tried doing a full unprovision to make sure you aren't trying to provision your system in a "half provisioned" state?

There could be many things that could be going wrong so we just need to know what specific part is failing.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
nil123
Beginner

Hi ,

Thanks for reply!!
I did the all possible setting related AMT3.0 using the following link:
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-active-management-technology-intel-amt-software-development-kit-sdk-start-here-guide
after BIOS setting i have checked that my machine name (in OS ) is same as configured in BIOS.
but after reboot the Status Box will appear when the Intel AMT System Status service is running, it shows status as "Disabled".

I had check the services and drivers ...all are installed except "IDE-Redirect CD-ROM and Floppy during Redirection Session in Device Manager" (shown in figure in the above link).
so i tried to install the driver from my motherboard CD but it given message that could not installed because the newer version of driver is allread installed.

Can you tell me what is the other possible port number i can use if there is a port conflict?

0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Please ensure that AMT is enabled in your BIOS.

After you are sure AMT is enabled, please ensure it is configured in MEBx (ctrl-P to enter during boot).

The steps are in the Start Here guide in the link that Sree provided.

0 Kudos
nil123
Beginner
Hi ,, Yes in BIOS setting i have enabled the AMT. and also configured in MEBx alsobut as per Sree link some options in BIOS are different or not available. i skip that.
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Would you please list the BIOS options that are different or not present?

0 Kudos
nil123
Beginner
Quoting - Lance Atencio

Would you please list the BIOS options that are different or not present?

Hi All,

i resetup the machine now AMT is enabled but it not show the rest option.

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Could you explain this? how do you know that AMT is enabled? You mean when you are in the Bios, you don't see any options?

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos