Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

Intel motherboard monitoring (voltage/fan/temperature/CI status) programming documentation

Dariusz_Kukuczka
Beginner

Hi everyone,
in near future I will try to write a manageability software with hardware monitoring (voltage/ fan speed/ temperature and chassis intrusion status) for computers builded in my company, based on Intel motherboards (especially for Intel DQ45CB and Intel DQ45EK). Now I try to find some information and programming documentation about it. One or two years ago I saw some programming documentation about monitoring Intel 965 series motherboards in IBL (Intel Business Link) portal. But all this programming samples are based on Intel's internally created library and without access to this documentation, it is useless. I asked my account manager in Intel about monitoring programming documentation but he had no idea, where I should search for it and whom in Intel I should ask about it. So I will be very grateful for every link to this documentation or info where I or my Intel account manger could request for access to this documentation.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Let me research this and get back to you.
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Hi everyone,
in near future I will try to write a manageability software with hardware monitoring (voltage/ fan speed/ temperature and chassis intrusion status) for computers builded in my company, based on Intel motherboards (especially for Intel DQ45CB and Intel DQ45EK). Now I try to find some information and programming documentation about it. One or two years ago I saw some programming documentation about monitoring Intel 965 series motherboards in IBL (Intel Business Link) portal. But all this programming samples are based on Intel's internally created library and without access to this documentation, it is useless. I asked my account manager in Intel about monitoring programming documentation but he had no idea, where I should search for it and whom in Intel I should ask about it. So I will be very grateful for every link to this documentation or info where I or my Intel account manger could request for access to this documentation.

Hello there, could you tell me who your Intel Account Manager is? I'm trying to find out who we need to connect him/her with in order to get you the information that you need.

--Thanks!
0 Kudos
Dariusz_Kukuczka
Beginner

Hello there, could you tell me who your Intel Account Manager is? I'm trying to find out who we need to connect him/her with in order to get you the information that you need.

--Thanks!

Hi,
my Intel Account Manger is Artur Bar, CEE Strategic Accounts FSAE, Intel Technology Poland Ltd.
My company name is NTT System S.A.

Thanks for help !!!
0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Hi,
my Intel Account Manger is Artur Bar, CEE Strategic Accounts FSAE, Intel Technology Poland Ltd.
My company name is NTT System S.A.

Thanks for help !!!

Hi Again,
I have sent your account manager some information and still trying to find out who he needs to talk to in order to get your docs. Moving forward, we can take your question offline (working through Artur.)

--Gael
0 Kudos
ADayt
Beginner

Hi Again,
I have sent your account manager some information and still trying to find out who he needs to talk to in order to get your docs. Moving forward, we can take your question offline (working through Artur.)

--Gael

Can you post info on existing Intel [or third party] monitoring software? (or email alist)

Thanks,

Alfred Dayton

partner@adayton.com

0 Kudos
Shmuel_G_Intel
Employee
Quoting - Alfred Dayton
Can you post info on existing Intel [or third party] monitoring software? (or email alist)
Thanks,
Alfred Dayton

Hi Alfred.
I'll try to answer below,and if you have more questions, please ask in this forum -- but I think you may like to open a new thread in order not to confuse Dariusz's one.

There is no Intel Monitoringh software that monitors the computer user activity and reports anywhere-- the only monitoring is the information gathering from AMT configuration in order to inform the user of the current status.
There is information about the Intel Software the the following blog posts:

Again, if you have more questions, please ask in this forum --maybe opening a new thread in order not to confuse Dariusz's one.

Shmuel
0 Kudos