Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Intel's AMT SDK and Visual studio 2005

ph3ar
Beginner
Hello,

I am getting the following error when I'm trying to compile sample discovery from Intel's AMT SDK.

------ Build started: Project: Discovery, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
DiscoverySample.cpp
c:\intel_amt\samples\discovery\c++\discoverysample.h(16) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'SoapCommonDefinitions.h': No such file or directory
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Intel_AMT\Samples\Discovery\c++\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
Discovery - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
---------------------

I have followed the guide step by step I have even checked the video series on how to setup Intel's AMT SDK maybe I miss something ... any clue?
0 Kudos
43 Replies
jacace
New Contributor I
Quoting - ph3ar
Apparently visual studio is not my area of expertise either!

So If I don't setup any include/lib directories of the iamt sdk how visual studio is going to "find out" the correct path and compile the sample correctly?

Thanks.

Hello,

If you start a new project and you want to useaheader file from the SDK you need to point it by: right click on the project > properties > C/C++ > general >Additional inclusion directories (and remember using the #include instead #include "XXX.h" in your code).
By other hand if you need access to any *.lib or *.dll file, you need to add a reference in VS by: right click on the project > properties >linker >input >Additional dependencies.

Bye.

Javier Andrs Cceres Alvis
0 Kudos
yslab
Beginner
Quoting - ph3ar
Hello,

I am getting the following error when I'm trying to compile sample discovery from Intel's AMT SDK.

------ Build started: Project: Discovery, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
DiscoverySample.cpp
c:intel_amtsamplesdiscoveryc++discoverysample.h(16) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'SoapCommonDefinitions.h': No such file or directory
Build log was saved at "file://c:Intel_AMTSamplesDiscoveryc++DebugBuildLog.htm"
Discovery - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
---------------------

I have followed the guide step by step I have even checked the video series on how to setup Intel's AMT SDK maybe I miss something ... any clue?
I have the same problem.

0 Kudos