Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1380 Discussions

Is it possible to authenticate users without passwords?

Gurudatt_Shenoy
Beginner
We are so used to the user id/password combination to sign in to our online accounts, that it is difficult to imagine any alternatives.

The password has failed because it can be stolen or hacked rendering your online information vulnerable.

Keylogging software, phishing attacks are on the rise and it is imperative that we find an alternative solution.

In this context, I would like to introduce a password less (not password free) solution where the user does not require to define, remember or enter a password.

In addition, the service provider (aka the website or portal which stores your online data) need not store any passwords either.

There would ne no need for a "Forget my Password" link that can be target of phishing attacks.

I have already developed such a solution called EasySecured and would like to invite those interested to discuss the merits or demerits of such a solution

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jacace
New Contributor I
Quoting - Gurudatt Shenoy
We are so used to the user id/password combination to sign in to our online accounts, that it is difficult to imagine any alternatives.

The password has failed because it can be stolen or hacked rendering your online information vulnerable.

Keylogging software, phishing attacks are on the rise and it is imperative that we find an alternative solution.

In this context, I would like to introduce a password less (not password free) solution where the user does not require to define, remember or enter a password.

In addition, the service provider (aka the website or portal which stores your online data) need not store any passwords either.

There would ne no need for a "Forget my Password" link that can be target of phishing attacks.

I have already developed such a solution called EasySecured and would like to invite those interested to discuss the merits or demerits of such a solution

Hi Gurudatt,

Can you explain a bit more how is your project related to Intel AMT?

Thank you,
0 Kudos
Gurudatt_Shenoy
Beginner

Hi Gurudatt,

Can you explain a bit more how is your project related to Intel AMT?

Thank you,

Hi Javier

I have not used Intel AMT to do a first hand evaluation. Yet, from what I know about Intel AMT, I can say that my project, EasySecured can offer to uniquely identify remote computers using the web interface (using a browser) and then perform various operations on the client pc.

This unique identification is not mac id or ip address based but on a device configuration.

Also, IT console can be offered a pasword less device locked operation. This means, the operation of the IT console can be locked to a particular device thus securing the operation of this feature.

EasySecured is not about software or hardware lock but more about password less user and application access management.

I hope this was helpful.

Thanks

Gurudatt

0 Kudos