Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Is the IDER function should be supported with CPU

joey-dong
Beginner
Hi,
When I am testing the functins of AMT 5.1.1,and I have found that the IDER function can not be used with some CPUs,like E7600,Q8200.The option in Manageability Commander can not be chosen.

The platform ,hardware and softwares(drivers) are all the same for all the testings.
I want to know if the IDER function should be supported with CPU.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
Quoting - andy12223618

Yes!
The system is vPro.I have used the following CPUs to test:
Q9650,Q8200,E7600,E8600
Q8200 and E7600 do not support IDER.

OK, vPro systems require certain hardware configurations including CPU, chipset and network interface. If you are changing CPUs then you could make a systembecome non-vPro.

Here is a paper that may provide the info that you are seeking.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - andy12223618
Hi,
When I am testing the functins of AMT 5.1.1,and I have found that the IDER function can not be used with some CPUs,like E7600,Q8200.The option in Manageability Commander can not be chosen.

The platform ,hardware and softwares(drivers) are all the same for all the testings.
I want to know if the IDER function should be supported with CPU.

Thanks.

Hi,
Could you tell us which chipset your systems have as well? And also, how are you enabling AMT? Small Business Mode? Enterprise?

You need to make sure you enable SOL/IDER in the AMT Configuration menus when configuring in SMB mode. If you are configuring AMT in Enterprise mode you have to select the options to enable SOL/IDER. If you do not enable the interfaces when provisioning, you will not have access to this feature.

If you can connect to your AMT Client using the Commander but you cannot select SOL/IDER, then it sounds like you have not enabled the interfaces in the provisioning process.
0 Kudos
joey-dong
Beginner

Hi,
Could you tell us which chipset your systems have as well? And also, how are you enabling AMT? Small Business Mode? Enterprise?

You need to make sure you enable SOL/IDER in the AMT Configuration menus when configuring in SMB mode. If you are configuring AMT in Enterprise mode you have to select the options to enable SOL/IDER. If you do not enable the interfaces when provisioning, you will not have access to this feature.

If you can connect to your AMT Client using the Commander but you cannot select SOL/IDER, then it sounds like you have not enabled the interfaces in the provisioning process.

Thanks!
The chipsetis Intel Q45.
I have tried both the SMB Mode and Enterprise mode,and I have already enabled SOL/IDER in MEBx.
Could you give me some infomation about how CPUs effects ME when using IDER function?
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Hello,
Are you working with vPro branded systems?
If the system you have was built with the correct pieces then there should be no question on the type of CPU. If the system is vPro then the type of CPU won't affect the ability to do IDER.
Are you changing the CPUs yourself?
0 Kudos
joey-dong
Beginner

Hello,
Are you working with vPro branded systems?
If the system you have was built with the correct pieces then there should be no question on the type of CPU. If the system is vPro then the type of CPU won't affect the ability to do IDER.
Are you changing the CPUs yourself?

Yes!
Q9650,Q8200,E7600,E8600
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
Quoting - andy12223618

Yes!
Q9650,Q8200,E7600,E8600

OK, vPro systems require certain hardware configurations including CPU, chipset and network interface. If you are changing CPUs then you could make a systembecome non-vPro.

Here is a paper that may provide the info that you are seeking.
0 Kudos