Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Is this possible with AMT? If Yes how?

amit_kulkarni83
New Contributor I

Hi All,

Consider this senario...

There is a agent running on a AMT machine. And administrator is elsewhere in network. If the agent gets terminates I want to show a messagebox to the Administrator about the event of termination of agent.

Is this possible with AMT? If Yes how?

Thanks & Regards,

Amit.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Amit,

AMT can generate an alert that an agent has terminated but will not produce a messagebox for you. You would need to write software to respond to that alert by sending a message to the Administrator, wherever he/she is logged in (possibly with something like Windows Net Send).

0 Kudos
amit_kulkarni83
New Contributor I

Hi,

What code I have to write to respond to AMT generated alert? What API's I can use for that?

Thanks & Regards,

Amit.

0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

To learn how to work with alertswhen a local agent is terminated,please go to the DOCS folder in the current AMT SDK and take a look at the "Agent Presence" sections within the System Defense and Agent Presense Overview and the Network Interface Guide. There is also an Agent Presence sample in the .WindowsIntel_AMTSamplesSoap folder.

After you receive the alert, there is no AMT API for communicating the event in a message box to the Administrator elsewhere on the network. I would recommend looking at your operating system APIs for calls to do that.

0 Kudos