Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

KVM and AMT 8.0

Luís_M_
Beginner

Hello, I'm developing a KVM application for use with Intel AMT 8.0. I've downloaded the latest version of the SDK, and also the latest version of the Open MDTK along with the VNC Viewer Plus from Real VNC for testing purposes.

I can successfully establish a connection with the remote machine by using the Commander tool and the VNC Viewer Plus application, but the KVM example from the SDK (written in C#) fails with a "connection refused" message.

I've tested the SDK sample application with a machine running AMT 7 and it worked without problems.

What am I missing here?

Best regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Luis, You may need to enable WinRM on the AMT 8 client systems. Also please ensure that the configuration is the same for AMT on the AMT8 and 7 systems for KVM settings like standard port vs. redirection port, TLS/no-TLS, authentication (digest vs. kerberos).
0 Kudos
Luís_M_
Beginner
Hello, thanks for your reply! I've tested the SDK sample with the AMT 8 machine using the redirection ports, and it worked. Any idea why the default port is giving me authentication errors? As I said, it doesn't happen in AMT 7. I've double checked the configurations and they are the same in both versions. Thank you!
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
That system may need to have the default KVM port enabled. Please take a look at this page in the SDK documentation on how to enable/disable that port: http://software.intel.com/sites/manageability/AMT_Implementation_and_Reference_Guide/DOCS/Implementation%20and%20Reference%20Guide/WordDocuments/changethedefaultportsetting.htm
0 Kudos