Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1381 Discussions

Keyboard Can not work when use AMT Commander SOL Function

Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Hi All :

We have a problem is SOL Function in AMT Commander Tool,

we can use SOL Function correctly in Terminal..(Boot from Floppy/CD-Rom..)

but We Can`t use Keyboard Controll in Terminal,Keyboard Function is abnormal,Do everyone know why is it ?

Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ylian_S_Intel
Employee

Hi.

Not sure how to help. First, try going in the terminal menu and disconnect and reconnect SOL. Maybe what you are saying is that special keys like "Control" and "Alt" don't work in the terminal, that is correct. The terminal is VT100 and these keys don't work the same way as a normal keyboard. Some keys like F1 to F12 have different VT100 mappings depending on the BIOS and so, you can go in the terminal menu to "Special Key Translation..." to change the key mapping.

Hope this helps,
Ylian (Intel AMT Blog)

0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Hi Ylian :

thanks for your help ,and my actual problem is all key can`t work from host PC like "Enter" or "a ~ z" but if i change tool like "AMTRedirection" ,it work normal
all keyboard key work correcty. .... and thanks again.

Fox

0 Kudos
Ylian_S_Intel
Employee
This is odd, I never encontered this before. I would try disconnecting and re-connecting SOL in the terminal menu, or maybe there is a window focus problem and the keys are not going to the terminal window. Can you send over any information you have on the computer model, AMT version, etc. so I can document the issue?

Thanks,
Ylian (Intel AMT Blog)
0 Kudos