Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.
1380 Discussions

Log on failed. Incorrect user name or password, or user account temporarily locked.

mantvydas
Beginner

I just can't understand, I've just bought this Lenovo ThinkPad T61, with Centrino Duo inside. I configured the Intel ME, named my computer MyOwnNotebook1 and provided a password (capital letter, digit and separator inclusive).

Then from a computer nearby I tried http://myownnotebook1:16992/, pressed logged on, entered password and connected sucessfully. But recently, when I get:
The server myownnotebook1 at Intel AMT (ID:########-####-####-####-############) requires a username and password.
in the browser, I type in administrator and provide my password -- it gets me to the page with the Subject above. From IE6 or IE7, from Vista or from XP, itdoesn't matter.

But then I did something (restart or I don't know what), and I again could successfully connect to the above address... Now, I can't do it again... and opposite than before, neither restart nor battery out is not helping me this time.

I'm pretty sure, that I'm entering absolutely right password, because I succesfully can pass through the password prompt from inside the computer.

Anyone knows, how to unlock it? And what's wrong here?

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

While configuring the ME, did you change the default password(admin) to a new one? If not, please try that. Could you provide more details on the AMT system - firmware version, Bios etc?

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
mantvydas
Beginner

No, I didn't try to change my password. But OK, I will be able to try that on Monday.

The computer is this model:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/quickPath.do?quickPathEntry=646655G

It has all the latest software there is to it:
BIOS version v1.22-v1.06
and
Intel AMT v2.5
Management Engine Interface v2.5.29.1090
Management Engine Firmware v2.5.0.1094

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Please refer to AMT quick start guide at http://software.intel.com/file/1322

for configuring AMT.

Let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
mantvydas
Beginner

One more version number I found to tell you: Intel Management Engine BIOS v2.5.15.0000

Hmmm... I couldn't wait to find out a problem, so I've brought a computer and changed the password today... and did something else, as well... actually I shouldn't have disturbed you in a first place. NowI feelsorry for wasting your time actually: somehow I had gotten confused, and had been using the administrator as username, but the guide reminded me, that it had to be admin. A mistake so foolish, how could I. I successfully logged in.

However, still I don't feel that confident. I think I remember entering admin at least those times before... But, case closed for now. And, if I ever get this error again though, I will come back to continue this same thread. Ok?

Thank you and I have to appologize to you, Sree

0 Kudos
mantvydas
Beginner
At least from now on, when someone else in the world Googles for words "intel amt account locked", they find this page as a possible answer. For I couldn't find any resource with what to do before.
0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

You don't have to apologize. The forum is for sharing your knowledge and helping each other in such situations :)

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
Arles_Rodriguez
Beginner
Hello,

I am making some development and I have this trouble in TLS mode. But Change the password is not enough, sometimes I must reset AMT Device to factory and apply one touch configuration.

I was making a module for Discovery amt devices and runit many times... I wonder ifit can locks the admin user for web and console?

Thanks for your comments.

Device Amt version is3.2.1
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
Quoting - Arles Rodriguez
Hello,

I am making some development and I have this trouble in TLS mode. But Change the password is not enough, sometimes I must reset AMT Device to factory and apply one touch configuration.

I was making a module for Discovery amt devices and runit many times... I wonder ifit can locks the admin user for web and console?

Hello Arles,
I'm not completely clear on your problem. Can you please provide the following information:

Were you able to set a new password the first time for AMT in the MEBx using ctrl-p?
Did you configure in Small Business Mode (SMB) or Enterprise mode?
Were you able to connect to AMT at least one time with your new password?
Are you only having connection problems after you have successfully connected several times?
0 Kudos
Maria_Camila_Gomez-S
Hello,

Arles

Try updating your BIOS firmware to the latest version.

MariaCamila
0 Kudos
Arles_Rodriguez
Beginner

Hello Arles,
I'm not completely clear on your problem. Can you please provide the following information:

Were you able to set a new password the first time for AMT in the MEBx using ctrl-p?
Did you configure in Small Business Mode (SMB) or Enterprise mode?
Were you able to connect to AMT at least one time with your new password?
Are you only having connection problems after you have successfully connected several times?

AMT Device is on enterprise mode, with One Touch Setup using TLS. And works perfectly until I shutdown the macihne or access port 16993 some times for Discover Devices.
0 Kudos
Maria_Camila_Gomez-S

AMT Device is on enterprise mode, with One Touch Setup using TLS. And works perfectly until I shutdown the macihne or access port 16993 some times for Discover Devices.

We used to experience a similar issue.

What kind of machine do you have? What is your BIOS frmware version?

Are you sure that the firmware is the latest available version, it is always worth looking into that as I have found that many "bugs" dissapear once I update the firmware.

MariaCamila
0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

Yes, good advice MariaCamila.

This is very strange behaviour.

Also, youmay want to try onanother AMT system if you have one available.
0 Kudos
Arles_Rodriguez
Beginner

Yes, good advice MariaCamila.

This is very strange behaviour.

Also, youmay want to try onanother AMT system if you have one available.

Thanks Maria Camila, I'll try updatingthe BIOS and tellyou what happenned.
0 Kudos
Arles_Rodriguez
Beginner

Thanks Maria Camila, I'll try updatingthe BIOS and tellyou what happenned.

Hi,

I already update my BIOS and got the same problem. Then I create an user different to admin. admin get blocks for remote access but my new user works without troubles! :-)

Thanks everyone for your help.
0 Kudos