Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

Login Failed on WebUI after change network card

ahju
Beginner

Hello

I have a AMT machine provisioned in SMB, and it's version is 3.0.2. I can login on WebUI before I change network card. And now I can't login on WebUI. and I had configed the AMT again. Anybody can help me?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

AMT features will only be available to the onboard Network Interface Card. So you won't be able to use any AMT featues on the second NIC.

Do you have a specific need to have multiple NICs on a client machine?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Lance_A_Intel
Employee
A few questions for you:

I assume you changed the network card on the client system, correct?

How many wired network connections does this client have?

Are you set for DHCP in the MEBx and in the host OS on the client?

0 Kudos
ahju
Beginner
A few questions for you:

I assume you changed the network card on the client system, correct?

How many wired network connections does this client have?

Are you set for DHCP in the MEBx and in the host OS on the client?

I changed the network card on the AMT machine, correct. Because I can connet to Internet by IE.

I don't set for DHCP in the MEBx. I don't set for DHCP in the MEBx before changed the network card and I can Login on WebUI.

0 Kudos
ahju
Beginner
Now I can login on WebUI again afterI cannect the network line to the old network card. And there are two network card in the AMT computer, the older one work for AMT and the new one work for OS.
And I have another question: this time the ISVS_ResgisterApplicationEx2 API return failed when I am calling it. And it return successfully before I change the network card. What's wrong?
Thanks!

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel
Hi,
Why don't you use only the new Network card and start over with AMT configuration? You mentioned that you are not using the DHCP; so i assume you are using Static IP and for static IP, you have to have a different IP address and host name for your AMT device than your host OS. Have you done this?
Here are some useful links to get started:
Let us know how it goes.
Thanks,
Sree

0 Kudos
Lance_A_Intel
Employee

AMT features will only be available to the onboard Network Interface Card. So you won't be able to use any AMT featues on the second NIC.

Do you have a specific need to have multiple NICs on a client machine?

0 Kudos
ahju
Beginner
Hello
Sreelekshmy Syamalakumari

Yes, I am using a static IP and have a different IP address and host name for my AMT device than OS.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel
Quoting - ahju
Hello
Sreelekshmy Syamalakumari

Yes, I am using a static IP and have a different IP address and host name for my AMT device than OS.

Thanks

Hi,

As Lance mentioned, AMT features are available only with onboard NIC; so you have to use that.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos